pleasing the pregnant wife

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan

Reaction score
While wife was as big as a house it dawned on me that I could carbonate water, which she was buying in the liter green glass bottles by the case and going through about a half-case a day on some days. It's just as easy as force-carbonating beer, but it has no alcohol, so she could drink it. It also saved me a fortune, not buying those bottles.

I wonder what else would have been good to keg? (kiddo is 11 months now, we still have a keg of water at all times going). Koolaid? Milk! :cross:

I hear you should devote a keg to rootbeer since the seals will be permanently tainted with rootbeer-ness. Is this true?

:off:

I'm such a freakin' perv. The first thing that came to mind when reading the title of this thread was... uh, let's just say it's related to what happens when some of the pregnancy hormones kick in. The GOOD pregnancy hormones... :D

the_bird said:
uh, let's just say it's related to what happens when some of the pregnancy hormones kick in. The GOOD pregnancy hormones... :D

They don't always kick in. :(

edit: I should also contribute something useful to the thread, and second the recommendation for rootbeer. I've used the Zatarain's extract, and it's great!

the_bird said:
I've learned the hard way that asking "so when are those hormones going to kick in" is NOT a good idea, especially when the BAD hormones already have.

Yeah, that tends to get something else kicked in, or is that what you meant by "the hard way"? :D

TL

The idea here is destined to fail regardless.

It's a proven fact, scientologically, that you can never "please" a pregnant wife. ;)

And all those GOOD hormones everyones talkng about, well, BPA killed off those. :cross:

I made an iced tea with a Passionberry Tea blend. It had an insanely bright red color, but was completely natural.

I found that 1.25 ounce of tea, steeped for an hour in 2 quarts of water, with 1 cup of sugar added was tasty. I think you could totally keg that and have a rather healthy, low-sugar, soda.

Also you don't ever want to approach a pregnant woman with a pair of bolt cutters as a solution to get a wedding ring off their swollen finger.

Back