Kegerator conversion complete!.. couple ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIusedtoBe

Reaction score
I finally had the time to finish my 4912 conversion with the double tap tower from Kegconnection!:ban:

I turned the thermostat way down and the next day drew off a perfect pint but it was way too cold so I adjusted the thermo up and the next day the beer is foaming way too much.

The lines from the kegs to the tap are about 4' (Standard setup that comes from the vendor) and the regulator is set on @11 PSI.

I know this has been covered before but anybody got any surefire setup formulas for this kegerator. I'm sure there are several hundred of you out there with the exact same setup.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Al

With my kegs off the gas, I have to vent the keg down to near 0, then let it gently repressurize the headspace. If I don't do that, I get miles of foam.

FWIW, This is with cornies at cellar temp, roughly 50F, though, as I haven't built my kegerator yet. Don't know if that applies to beer at 35F too. I'm sure most of my headspace pressure is coming from jostling the keg as I carry it upstairs.

Back