water filters BYO Mag.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjhalver

Reaction score
Just finished putting together the Jan.-Feb., 2007 issue Fast Water Filtration unit.

Parts from Home Depot and filter from Mills Fleet in Baxter, MN .

Does this unit do what it clains or should I return the parts and buy some bottled water for .64 a gallon?

Uses a Culligan WRH-140 in-line filter from a Culligan shower head. according to Culligan. 99% of free clorine, reduces water-soluble heavy metals and sulfer odor. 13.00 filter, perhaps 12.00 worth of parts.

Comments. Marc from MN

I use it, and the only thing I did do differently than the article was I used a bit of PVC cement (key words: LITTLE BIT) on the edges to make sure it sealed. The first time I used it without the cement, the filter contraption blew apart under the water pressure.

I've never tested the water, but I've got to assume the filter is filtering it correctly.

Yes, I found that to be the case, I glued all but where you remove the filter.

You read the article, it should do the floride and clorine and I make sure it is an unsoftened tap.

Is there a way to have this site tell me when I get a reply? New at this..

Marc MN

Back