Custom brew logo wood & stencil cutting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunpowder

Reaction score
So in addition to homebrewing, one of my other hobbies is woodworking and I'm rather proficient with the scroll saw. I wanted to make a stencil of my beer logo for making bottle carriers and what not, so I printed out my logo and cut it on a piece of lexan.

While cutting, I was thinking about maybe offering it as a paid service to the members here. I was thinking having people send me their logos or designs, quoting them on a price based on size and complexity, and shipping it out. As a professional graphic designer, I also would offer label design services.

I thought I'd post my finished stencil to get a feel for the response and see if you all like it/would want one for yourself... so some feedback would be appreciated before I post in the classifieds.Thanks!

155989_138991056251941_766310144_n.jpg

Very cool idea. I've been thinking about how to mark my keezer when it's done with the cabinet work on it.
I've been thinking about a wooden emblem with a name and some art.
Daunting task for me since I haven't done any wood art work before.

A stencil would be nice, lacking the skill to make what I really want. I could also duplicate it on a portable unit I want to make.

Thanks! I could also cut your logo on wood. I made a wood block purely as a decoration for my brew bench. Check it out....

35656_139019402915773_1388848746_n.jpg

I've been playing around with the stencil... I have a bunch of Kraft (brown) blank beer carriers, and this stencil is too large (only just) for the face of the carrier. So I folded it up, and laid the stencil across the side AND face of the carrier, at an angle, and blasted it with black, textured spray paint. I didn't mask the sides of the stencil, either... It came out looking VERY cool, like a "blast of gunpowder" burnt it in, and this makes for an excellent carrier solution for me. (Picture coming soon)

gunpowder. are you from new england? ( i see the n.e. winter warmer ) if so where about

This is a carrier I painted with the stencil... like I said, I made it too big so I just went with it. Gives a nice "blasted" look. Still not sure I like the tilted look.... I think I'd rather make a smaller stencil and align it properly and mask it off, but you get the idea!

20121206_194818.jpg

Personally I love the angled look, looks more stylish than just straight across.

Gunpowder, what tool do you use to engrave it like that?

What are the prices for something like logo on 2nd pic?

Gunpowder, what tool do you use to engrave it like that?

What are the prices for something like logo on 2nd pic?

I use a scroll saw :) And the price depends largely on the size & intricacy of the design, and the material for the cut. If you send me your graphic and tell me what size & what kind of wood you want it cut (or if you're going to send me the wood) I'd give you a rough estimate.

Some designs could take a couple of hours, some could take several days. To give you a baseline idea, that wooden block in picture #2 took me a little less than 2 hours to cut, and I used cheap Home Depot pine, which only costs a couple of dollars. So I'd price THAT particular project at about $50-60 or so, not counting shipping. :)

I didn't know there was a southern mass. I thought it was Boston and western mass

Sure is! Southeastern mass, cape and the islands, south shore, north shore, all kinds of areas. I live near providence, ri... the part of mass that hangs between ri and the cape.

That is some real nice work. Home brewers have some serious "other" talents, which is funny, because a lot of people at the "normal" jobs say the home brewing IS the talent.

Nice work! I also lilke the tilted 6 pack-er too.

Back