so yea...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhartbeck

Reaction score
So i have been playing around with some wild yeast. This beer has been in primary fermentation for about 5 weeks. It does not have any off smells to it. What do you guys think is going on?

PART_1329438559496.jpeg

PART_1329438600072.jpeg

Am I the only one that thinks this looks like a stained glass, chocolate cookie? Man that makes me want one.

No clue what's going on in that beer. Could you elaborate as to what wild yeast you are using?

!!!I AM NOT AN EXPERT IN THE MICROBIOLOGICAL SCIENCES!!!

With that said, though, do those pale lily pad looking rafts more closely resemble cold congealed fat or a typical yeast raft? If they're fatty looking, you may have cultured something besides a yeast.

Not that it isn't worth pursuing, especially if it doesn't smell bad, but it might be closer to a sour than a straight up ale.

But I guess you were hoping for something unique anyway.

wild yeast...the type that i got in the back yard :D

I should make a correction...the original yeast was made by a friend of mine. He basically put some un-fermented wort in his back yard with the lid off until it started fermentation...

Chicken broth in which you forgot to remove the skin! And you used it to make wrt with:p

Back