Maryland HBT.com Meetup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezter6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just figured I wolud start a thread since we've seen a lot of Maryland members in the last few months (including myself). Does anyone have interest in a Maryland get together/brew out?

I can offer my place in the spring, although I live in a townhouse with a 10x14 fenced in yard, so it would be a bit small...but I figure we could have 5-6 burners going. If anyone has a bigger place and wants to get together, post it up here (or if you just want to get together and can't host anything).

I was figuring on Early/Mid April or Early May. Who's with me?

If everyone responds correctly over the next 24 hours, here's the list of confirmed attendees:

jezter6 - guy in the orange hat
Cap'n Jewbeard - guy in the mets hat

I'm in the same boat vis-a-vis townhouse space, so that effectively nixes the collective brew... BUT, it would be nice to get everyone together to share and enjoy some brews, at the very least.

Consider me in! (I'm in Columbia).

I wouldn't mind meeting up at Duclaw this summer sometime. Maybe we could plan it around one of the release nights. Those are cool because you get a free glass with the beer--and Duclaw's food is awesome.

Where's Duclaw?

I'm hoping to make it down to the DC/Maryland/VA area something this spring or early summer, it would be awesome to meet up with peeps down there (BIL's in College Park, we visit him about once a year). I wouldn't be able to brew, but I'd be able to drink. Need to plan something in advance, but it would be awesome to have a big get-together (on 7/7? :D)

http://www.duclaw.com/

Couple of locations near Baltimore. I'll see if I can find dates for the summer releases and maybe we can plan something out.

Get on the mailing list so you can start getting the invites to the release parties. If you aren't on the list, you can't get the glass.

Let's shoot for the location in Fell's Point- when we're done at DuClaw's, we can while away the rest of the evening in the numerously awesome bars that litter the district.

Cap'n Jewbeard said:
Let's shoot for the location in Fell's Point- when we're done at DuClaw's, we can while away the rest of the evening in the numerously awesome bars that litter the district.

Cool. That is the one I've been to. Makes it easy for me to find it again. :)

I think the May 23-24th release of the Weizenbock really works well for us--SWMBO gets back from atar that week and she'll have a bunch of free days off. We'll bring the boy with us and maybe hit DC the next day.

I know Bird said he'd maybe be around during that time...does this work for everyone else? Either day works for us....BUT I WANT THAT FREE GLASS!!!!!!!!!!

May actually might be too early for me, depending on SWMBO. She's doing her Master's dissertation sometime around then, I'll check what the date is. So, she'll either be:

Too busy for a road trip
Needing lots of daddy help because she's so busy
ABSOLUTELY ready to get out of town for a while.

That sounds like a great alternative to a brew together. I still wouldn't mind doing a giant group brew/homebrew sharing fest. As nice as it is to go get a good micro/import, it's just as awesome to have a dozen homebrews from the group as well.

Maybe we can do the May 'get together' and also a 7/7 brew together? I'm just not so sure about that 7/7 weekend because it's so close to 4th of July.

Mmm...wiezenbock. My fav wiezenbock is Victory Moonglow, so I hope this one is as good.

We doing this during the day? I found out that I had a party to go to some 60 miles away that night, so I kind of have to wrap this up by 5pm.

I propose we do Saturday, 1-2pm start time. Opinions?

I know it's still far away, but anyone planning on bringing some homebrew to swap?
I'll certainly bring down a mix of what I have on hand to swap and share.

Dude, you going to have T-shirts with the logo on it?

jezter6 said:
Dude, you going to have T-shirts with the logo on it?

Prolly not by then.... :(

Yo...everyone....if you plan on doing the beer release night, you have to be on the e-mail list at DuClaw. Just sign up here:
http://www.duclaw.com/email.asp

They'll send an e-mail with a link to print out a bar code for the release night. Gotta have that barcode for the giveaways.

Was a date and time decided upon?

7/7 was suggested and about 1-2 pm.

Being so close to the 4th of July, I might have to work a fireworks shoot that evening. If I gotta work, I gotta work, but if I let my boss know that I have something planned for that day, it might get me off the hook.

Matt

Id like to meet and greet also.. im in the Glen Burnie / Pasadena area.

If we do one in the fall I could host one, in the Pasadena,MD area... I have a decent back yard, but we just need to make sure it doesnt rain the day before or it will be a swim/brew party...

Primary: Pale Ale (Modified Recipe)
Primary: Chocolate Stout

Conditioning (Bottled): Raspberry Ale

Drinking: Pale Ale

I would also like to shamelessly plug the Pirate Invasion here (check out the offensively large link in my signature) another chance for Maryland brewers to get together. It's this Saturday, all day and night, if you can make it for any part of it.

Also, I think the May release (May 23 and 24) will be awesome. Weizenbock, dudes. Good stuff.

If it tastes anything like the first batch of Victory Moonglow, it's going to be one AWESOME beer.

Darn it 98 EXL - I was a bit late in pointing you over to this thread, but it's good to have you anyway.

Look forward to piratey goodness.

I can certainly make a trip up to Fells Point. I also happen to have an utterly open schedule during the Mayhem release weekend.

We are still game for the 24th at Fell's Point (provided I find the damn place!).

We have a reservation not too far from there I guess (according to SWMBO), so I'm getting tore up on Weizenbock................ :D

I'm up for a road trip. What's been decided? Dates? Any interest in taking in a game at Camden Yards?

Absolutely! Let's see...

Fortunately, there are home games on the 23, 24, 25 (against Toronto), so if we want to go, we're in.

Cap'n Jewbeard said:
Absolutely! Let's see...

Fortunately, there are home games on the 23, 24, 25 (against Toronto), so if we want to go, we're in.

May? June?

Home games. Beer. Mmmm....

And Dude, if you miss out on this because you got lost at a bar 50' away then someone's gonna have to get you a better GPS Nav device.

Recharge your cell battery in advance. :)

And the games that week start at 7:05pm, which is prime time for drinking. Anyone want to go to the Friday game? I'm sure I can sober up in time to start drinking again by 7pm. Or...like 4pm at Pickles or Sliders.

Just another bump to day that we're only 3 weeks away.

Don't forget to sign up to their email list, and you'll get an email a few days before the event with your printout to get a free Mayhem pint glass when you show up (provided you DO show up (*DUDE*) and that you show up before they run out.

And if all else fails, once we get our glasses and drown a pint (darnit if that place doesn't get PACKED)...we can walk down to Max's Taphouse for some real variety brews.

Is it too early to get a (near) final list and count?

The Duclaw website has the hours of the Mayhem release as 6pm-10pm.

I work until 6pm, and that would put me fighting the oh-so-lovely I-95 traffic for about an hour-fifteen trying to get up to Baltimore. I probably wouldn't be rolling in until around 7:30. So if you guys plan to move down the street after a pint, I might miss you. :eek:

jpsloan said:
The Duclaw website has the hours of the Mayhem release as 6pm-10pm.

I work until 6pm, and that would put me fighting the oh-so-lovely I-95 traffic for about an hour-fifteen trying to get up to Baltimore. I probably wouldn't be rolling in until around 7:30. So if you guys plan to move down the street after a pint, I might miss you. :eek:

It would all have to depend on how busy it is and how tough it is to get a drink. When I went down for Celtic Fury, it was packed and I stood off to the side for an hour before I could get a seat, and I had to hawk the crap out of it just to get a place to sit down.

Besides, you can always run over and get your glass then meet up at the other place. :)

I just offered that as an alternative if it got too packed for a group to sit/stand together.

901 S Bond St
Baltimore, MD 21231
(410) 563-3400

It's TOMORROW night, and I haven't gotten my email yet either. I remember not getting my last one until Wednesday, but I signed up only a day or two before the release.

Ok, let's get a list together of final participants...

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one who DID receive my email. I got it a week ago, it contains a link to the page where you go and print out your thing.

Did everyone check their spam filters?

Back