What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This day is already getting better. Finally found out that my research in college was finally published. Now I'm a published author that hates english :D. Awesome going to get a plaque of this made.

Paper if you want to read.

EAT'EM UP KAT!!!! That's about all I could read and understand. Glad to see a bearkat kickin ass

Just made a batch of cold brewed coffee day before yesterday...having some this morning. Smooth stuff!

Heard about it for a while and never tried doing it. Decided to throw it together yesterday. I might do this from now on. It's noticeably different.

Congrats DC, you smart SOB! That is awesome. I used to think I was fairly intelligent until I read the title of your article. Keep doing your thing!

Halfway through my pot o' coffee already. It's gonna be a good day

This day is already getting better. Finally found out that my research in college was finally published. Now I'm a published author that hates english :D. Awesome going to get a plaque of this made.

Paper if you want to read.

Congrats on getting published.

I think Tired Hands may have an IPA by that name

Blackberry wheat. Can't wait for the keg to kick.
image.jpg

Jealous of you people drinking beer during the day when I can't. However, that'll change in a few hours.

Having a water now but multiple beers are in my future. Pretty sure I ****ed-up something in my left elbow today at the gym during a heavy power clean. I can't touch my nose without feeling like my elbow is going to snap. I'm thinking a ligament on the backside (below triceps). Where the **** are the doctors on HBT to help?

Having seen a picture, swmbo approves of a can shaped glass! Her exact words were: "any things better than a mason jar."

Drinking a flat sample of an iipa that just got kegged.

You, Mark or Ben ever ask those guys why the beers are called what they are?

They got a C&D from brewery vivant because the name of their house saison (farmhands). So I assumed that was the reason.

But the more I go there, the more I realize it's because they are weird hipsters. :)

They got a C&D from brewery vivant because the name of their house saison (farmhands). So I assumed that was the reason.

But the more I go there, the more I realize it's because they are weird hipsters. :)

Right on.

Pretty sure they (Tired Hands) wouldn't be able to charge $18 for a half-growler if its beers had names like "Tired Hands Pale Ale" or "Galaxy IPA."

Did you just say booches? What exactly is a booch?

Drinking cold brewed coffee for the first time wow!

Or perhaps you're turning into a hipster - see: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/15/hipster-food_n_5146632.html

Hey Brewin' - how's the brewery coming along?

If I would have known how much work and time (not to mention money) goes into this sort of thing I don't know if I would do it over again... Business plan has been complete for a while. We are seeking funding now. We had an investment group that we thought was going to fund us 100% but that fell through and now we are scrounging for money anywhere we can. We have several smaller investors lined up and hopefully will be able to purchase equipment and lock down a space by the end of the year. If anyone else is thinking about doing this, double the amount of time and money you think it will take to get things going. :drunk:

That being said, we have tons of support from the community as well as other brewers and will be trying to have some of our beers contract brewed to get our name out there and help fund the startup.

More water. Isn't this day over yet?

For those who like to plan ahead, tomorrow is international IPA day (not to be confused with American IPA day!) Requisite Untappd badge and all ...

Finished my brew day...biere de garde in the chamber. I missed OG by a bit but I don't care. A really good brew day despite chiller hose popping off and getting water everywhere.

Blackberry Wheat beer being consumed.

Heard a "PING!" from the other room and saw this...

Mike, is this something you've seen before? I threw it in the freezer for an hour and it calmed down. I'll be drinking this one soon. ;)

1407353435096.jpg

1407353453773.jpg

1407353471039.jpg

Heard a "PING!" from the other room and saw this...

Mike, is this something you've seen before? I threw it in the freezer for an hour and it calmed down. I'll be drinking this one soon. ;)

have not seen that happen, but those cans rarely make it more than 2-3 days at my house. I sent one to hawgwild81 about a week before sending yours. He had it and didn't mention any off flavors or infections. I'd say get it cold, open over the sink and give it a try.

have not seen that happen, but those cans rarely make it more than 2-3 days at my house. I sent one to hawgwild81 about a week before sending yours. He had it and didn't mention any off flavors or infections. I'd say get it cold, open over the sink and give it a try.

Thanks buddy. I figured that was the case. Looking forward to cracking it open.

As Remmy would say. "Not my chair, not my problem...no way...not now, not ever!"

Having seen a picture, swmbo approves of a can shaped glass! Her exact words were: "any things better than a mason jar."

Drinking a flat sample of an iipa that just got kegged.

If you really like 'em, you can order them through Amazon for about $41/cs of 24 + including shipping (without logo).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KU7A8FK/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

or maybe try a local restaurant equipment store, if you are willing to buy a case...see if they'll sell less than $40 and no shipping! I used to sell restaurant equipment. Most dealers that have a showroom will sell to the public and may negotiate on price a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip. I was actually thinking I would stalk pictures of them on here watching logo's until I found one from a brewery close enough to catch on a beercation. Why have 24 glasses for 40 bucks when I can have one or two for three hundred bucks?

If you really like 'em, you can order them through Amazon for about $41/cs of 24 + including shipping (without logo).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KU7A8FK/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

or maybe try a local restaurant equipment store, if you are willing to buy a case...see if they'll sell less than $40 and no shipping! I used to sell restaurant equipment. Most dealers that have a showroom will sell to the public and may negotiate on price a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks, smells and tastes terrific. I was thinking it would be like a hell or hi watermelon (which I don't care for) but this is something I really like.

I can see why they don't last long.

1407356361626.jpg

Looks, smells and tastes terrific. I was thinking it would be like a hell or hi watermelon (which I don't care for) but this is something I really like.

I can see why they don't last long.

crazy - not sure why the can would do that unless it had some infection / extra fermentation going on...

glad you like. sucks that i'm at work and won't be able to have a beer for another couple hours...

Norm! But the story is that a guy I'm camping with just handed me a beer and asked if I've ever heard of it. I won't say the name, but the initials are KBS...ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407357424.304851.jpg

Back