BeerSmith or Promash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostspring

Reaction score
I am thinking about software. I had no idea there were so many.
I guess my question is what do the majority of brewers here use?
I am getting ready for my first AG and after doing much reading see where some software would be useful. There doesn't seem to be much cost difference between the two. I just don't want to buy one now and later wish I had bought the other.
Thanks for your input.

Lots of users for both. I think both have a trial. I suggest checking both out, deciding which one you like best, and going w/ that one. That's what I did.

FWIW, I ended up w/ Beersmith because I thought it was more user-friendly. It seems to have most of the features I want too.

Thanks for the response. Ease of use will be a key factor.

I see I posted in the wrong forum. Thank you for moving it. I see at the top that there is a poll asking my question. It seems BeerSmith is the most used.

I just bought promash... there were a couple things in BS that I didnt like. Like the boil off calcs and such. I also liked that when I saved a recipe, it saved all of my water and ferementation data too... so that I can go back and pull up a previous brew session.

Another big selling point for me was that on each page of Promash, there is a "?" at the bottom and clicking on it will send you to a tutorial that explains in detail EVERY option on that page.

I like it.

Back