Shopping list!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SudsyPaul

Reaction score
Alright, I'm bottling my first batch of beer, today, and have 3 ciders on the go... but the bug has bitten me hard, so I'm putting in a little Amazon order (I'm Canadian, so it's a bit cumbersome to order from Amazon.com and I'd like to only do the order/pickup once)

Here's what I have so far on my order:

1. Jewelry scale (0.01g sensitivity) for weighing yeasts and hops
2. Erlenmeyer Flask - 2000ml
3. Magnetic stir bar
4. Desktop CPU fan (for ghetto stir-plate)
5. RT600C Pocket Thermometer

I also have a Northern Brewer order for:

1. Immersion Chiller
2. Star San (60% less than in Canada)

I have a brew kettle, tons of carboys, stir bars (drill style), airlocks, fermentation buckets, auto-syphon, bottling wand.

I'm not getting into all-grain until I get a new house (just no room/time) so no need for any of those fancy all-grain doodads. :)

Any other recommendations? I can get all my ingredients in Canada for reasonably close to US pricing, so not too worried about that.

Maybe get a couple stir bars, they are easy to loose. Also just a tip, get a small magnet to use on the under side of the flask when you pitch the starter. This will keep the stir bar in the flask and not in your carboy.

Maybe get a couple stir bars, they are easy to loose. Also just a tip, get a small magnet to use on the under side of the flask when you pitch the starter. This will keep the stir bar in the flask and not in your carboy.

^^^This. And remember to actually use the magnet. I had the stupid thing in my hand, got distracted by something then pitched yeast stirbar and all. :smack:
4 weeks later I got it back after dumping the trub in my garden.

LOL - awesome... I'll order a couple stir bars and my father-in-law has oodles of magnets from his teaching days, so I'll just grab one from him :)

Light DME is only like 5% more in Canada, so I'll just get it from my LHBS. I like to support local businesses, but not when it'll cost me >30% more - that's just coocoo.

Back