How's my hallway decoration?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigsnake

Reaction score
fermentation1.jpg

fermentation2.jpg

Oatmeal stout in orange, belgian pale ale in blue.

I can't think of a better way to decorate any area in the home than with bubbling fermenters. 9 out of 10 SWMBO's disagree though. :D

I can't think of a better way to decorate any area in the home than with bubbling fermenters. 9 out of 10 SWMBO's disagree though.

My g/f, who pretty much lives with me, said she doesn't like to decorate so I'm in charge of that... And my room mate doesn't care that much about the wing of the house I inhabit so...

We have a band room now...
bandprac4.jpg

Complete with sound foam:
bandprac3.jpg

And a beer closet that I posted earlier. It's a little different now. Belgian is now in a secondary in there. There's a gallon of mead in there as well as a bucket of Nut Brown Ale fermenting, but that's my room mates brew:
beercloset.jpg

And my g/f helping out on the last batch.
beeroatmea50.jpg

your house shows you have your priorities straight

Once I get my own place, it'll just get more ridiculous :p

But, I'm considering more schooling so I could be hurting for money for a few years. Good thing I already have a bunch of brew equipment so I can keep making beer. :eek:

How as your experience been with the Rogue brand? We had bought a Rogue PA system in high school and it was junk.

How as your experience been with the Rogue brand? We had bought a Rogue PA system in high school and it was junk.

Appears to be a good amp but wish it was louder. It's my g/f's bass amp. I'd actually never heard of them before I saw her amp.

I'd like to build a Marshall Major head for her to play on. I need some spare cash and time to get that project done though.

I believe that Rogue is like Musicians Friend's house brand.
On our PA the logo was hot glued on.

I always used Marshall and Hartke.

I believe that Rogue is like Musicians Friend's house brand.
On our PA the logo was hot glued on.

I always used Marshall and Hartke.

Probably is then. I think it peaks out about 7ish on the volume until it doesn't sound great. I like bass I can really feel.

And I keep looking at the color of that Belgian Pale ale and I'm wanting to try some right now.

Small Clones are fun!

All that stuff makes me want to replace all my equipment, but its not in the budget.

Variety of customised strats > Boss ce5 > old DOD fx69 > Ibanez ts5 > late 70's or early 80's Yamaha G50 4x10 amp

I have only one thing that is less than 10 years old. A Jay Turser strat copy to replace another guitar that is falling apart.

Small Clones are fun!

All that stuff makes me want to replace all my equipment, but its not in the budget.

Variety of customised strats > Boss ce5 > old DOD fx69 > Ibanez ts5 > late 70's or early 80's Yamaha G50 4x10 amp

I have only one thing that is less than 10 years old. A Jay Turser strat copy to replace another guitar that is falling apart.

Good eye with the small clone. I like that pedal a lot. I haven't been using the board much lately though.

I just took my strat in to get some work done on it today. New neck, tuners, kill switch, and some other wiring work done.

i also saw a ds2 and EVH mxr thingey.

Whats wrong with the neck?

Nothing. It's a mexican strat though so I got an American neck. g/f gave it to me for my birthday so now I'll have that extra fret on there. lol.

The board, which is entirely too big... lol :
Match3.jpg

cool.
waaaayyy off topic, but here is my main rotation from about a year and a half ago:
http://theconfessions.net/Picture001.jpg

top to bottom:
Home built hard tail strat copy.
-Poplar body
-Stumac hardware and neck
-DiMarzio Super Distortion lead pickup

Jay Turser Strat copy
-Restrung lefty
-Some really heavy wood body
-Shielded and rewired electronics (i added one of the tone pots back, but not the knob as my arm hits it)
-Fender mexican single coils (now has a full sized humbucker in lead position)
-Blocked tremolo

1998 Mexican Squier Stratocaster
100% identical to 98 Fenders except it has cast saddles instead of stamped
- stock

early-mid 90's Slammer Strat copy
- rewired about 10 times over the years as i kept breaking switches and pickups.
- now has an ebay special neck on it since the old one warped in an unrepairable way

Nice selection.

After this work is done on my strat, I don't think there is anything else I would want to do to it right now.

Only other thing I'd want then is a nice acoustic guitar. Maybe a Martin. I have a Jackson that I hardly ever play. My first guitar is a cheap acoustic that I never touch really either. It sits in the main room and people fool with it when they come over. About the only action it sees these days :eek:

Back