Group Grain Buy - Mid Hudson Valley, NY, CT Round#4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k47k

Reaction score
Mid Hudson ValleyY, CT Round#4

This buy is !!CLOSED!!

OK here is the deal:

1. Need 42 sacks for this delivery.
2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received (near Poughkeepsie, NY).
3. Payment will be done through certified check or money order via snail mail, and will be required up front before the order is placed. personal check is an option but will delay the order by a few days. An estimate will be calculated once the order filled and any adjustments will be promptly credited back to each buyer via paypal or other arrangement. Buyers will have 1 week to submit payment after buy is closed. Paypal will not be used unless you are willing to pay the fees involved, they have threatened to delete my account for receiving gift payments on other grain buys ive done (perfectly within their terms of service).

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$30 2Row + shipping (~$4-6)
~$40 Marris Otter + shipping (~$4-6)

To see the catalog, go to:http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/download.asp?f=f6
The password is "greatmalt".

Prices have been raised as of 1/25/2013 and are reflected in the PDF linked above. Prices in google docs spreadsheet are from last buy unless highlighted in green.

Note: Breiss grains ARE available to us, DME is also available.

Pricing (Use 1000# pricing)
Pricing on the great malt sheet is an estimate. Plan for about $6.25 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

ORDER ENTRY

reply to this thread with what you want.
If you have any issues with the payment methods please PM me. If you do not make payment within 1 week from the time actual pricing is provided you forfeit your right to buy your grain and to participate in the grain buys until further notice. Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, if you can't make payment within 1 week then you better contact me directly or don't participate. It slows down the order and it is detrimental to the group participants.

DELIVERY: Will be made to K47K's residence in Poughkeepsie, NY.

I will expect participants to work together and figure out a plan to mule sacks for their region. This worked out well last time. we were able to get sacks as far west as Hartford, CT and as far east as Pennsylvania.

K47K will keep us all updated on when the grain order is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you. Please make your best effort to make the preplanned pickup date as described above.

You may reply to this thread with Orders, i will be tracked them in google docs. LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am3fjHLGll50dFA1eG9keWlTQURBcGptSElJNlVhOFE
Send me your gmail address, full name and HBT username and i will get you added to the access list.

Current # of Sacks:42

Thanks for organizing this. I'm definitely in! I'll pick up 2 sacks for myself and I'll ask around to a few other people in the area to see if they want in.

1 BD-MOPA
1 BD-PILS

...hope this picks up interest quickly - I'm super low on base grains

Thanks for organizing this. I'm definitely in! I'll pick up 3 sacks for myself and I'll ask around to a few other people in the area to see if they want in.

1 GW2ROW
1 BD-MOPA
1 BD-PILS

...hope this picks up interest quickly - I'm super low on base grains

Me too! They tend to start slow and then fill right up when the word gets out. I will have the spreadsheet updated and posted in a few days.

I edited my previous post. Picked up a sack of 2 row locally as have to brew with it soon, so I took it off my order. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Only 5 Sacks? When do you expect this to close?

They generally fill up quick once the word gets out. last one was about a week. I notice you are from Albany, there are a bunch of others in the albany area looking for grain, i suggest you all get together and share the fuel expense.

Put me down for:

1 - BM5303 (Briess Pilsen Malt)
1 - BM5298 (Briess 2-row Brewers Malt)

Thanks,

-Jim

Hi all I am new to this site. I live in Kingston. I would like to order
BM‐5748 Golden Light (4°L) 50 pound bag if this is ok.

Hi all I am new to this site. I live in Kingston. I would like to order
BM‐5748 Golden Light (4°L) 50 pound bag if this is ok.

Tomcat, got you added to the order. please send me a PM with your real name and gmail address so i can add you to the spreadsheet.

This is perfect, was just about to run out of Pale Ale Malt, and I live in Albany. If is not too late I would like 4 sacks of CM-PALE if it is available.

This is perfect, was just about to run out of Pale Ale Malt, and I live in Albany. If is not too late I would like 4 sacks of CM-PALE if it is available.

got you. send me a pM with your name and email, preferable Gmail so you can see the spreadsheet and get your total.

PS. Bellinimi88 is also in albany, suggest you guys get together and work something out for pickup.

How soon is this happening? I am interested in joining the buy if there are any "mules" heading down from the Albany area that I can throw a few bucks to pick mine up mine as well. Really anyone north of Hudson would probably work for me. Thanks
-Kevin

You may have noticed I put out a post in the Homebrew club yahoo group. Stuck Sparge twice. I have someone to split a bag of rice hulls with.
Hilon

How soon is this happening? I am interested in joining the buy if there are any "mules" heading down from the Albany area that I can throw a few bucks to pick mine up mine as well. Really anyone north of Hudson would probably work for me. Thanks
-Kevin

i think we are at about 22 sacks right now, need 42. have 2 or 3 people that havent put their order in yet, they will total around 10+ sacks. Id expect it to close fairly soon.

Pretty sure there are 2 other people from albany that are in on this buy. check the previous posts in this thread, on the left hand side it has the users location.

If anyones interested im looking to split the following:

1. Fawcett Oat Malt
2. Medium Crystal (english, bairds, fawcett etc)
3. Brown Malt (fawcet or baird)
4. Pale Chocolate (Fawcet)

Hey k47, I'd be interested in splitting some of your grain buy. How about 20 lb of each the Oat Malt, Brown Malt, and Pale Chocolate. Think they are 55 lb sacks so we'll have to get out the calculator, rough guess my contribution in the $50 range. I'm in Poughkeepsie area.

Is anyone interested in splitting some Flaked Oats?

Unrelated: anyone have a TIG welder for SS welding? I'm in the market to get some small welding done. Only pass thru welded onto pot. My other option is to buy DC Scratch Start at Harbour Freight ... that would be $200-300 which is option but more involved.

I am new to the forum but would like to participate in the group buy. If it isn't too late, I would like the following:

3-BM-5298 Breiss 2 Row Brewers Malt

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan, got you. send me a PM with your email (gmail preferably) full name and location.

There are 15 sacks available on this buy. Poobah, i will reserve those spots for your order.

Assuming Poobah comes through with his order, this buy will be closed this week for delivery Feb 12th or so (assuming all payments are made promptly)

Stay tuned to this thread, i will notify here when its time to send payment.

If there turns out to be any more room on the buy I would like the following (1 each):
GW-2ROW
BM-5298
Thanks.

We're in:
4 Baird Maris Otter (BD‐MOPA) ($40.15)
5 Best Maltz Pilsen (BZ‐PILS) ($37.40)
1 Great Western 2-row (GW‐2ROW) ($31.00)
1 Canadian Malt 2-row (CM-2ROW) ($30.80)
1 Best Maltz Munich (BZ‐MUNH) ($36.85)
1 FrancoBel Caramunich 80 (FB‐C80) ($44.55)
1 FrancoBel Special Aromatic (FB‐SPAR) ($40.70)
1 Briess Victory (BM‐5351) ($43.50)

The buy is now closed. Please check the spreadsheet and validate your order. Payment should be sent by:

Paypal: you can select "personal payment" and "payment owed" and avoid fees. sent to paypal id on the spreadsheet.

Money order or cashiers check sent to address on the spreadsheet.

please send payment now. if i recieve all payments this week we will have grain delivery towards the end of next week.

you can text me at the number listed in the spreadsheet with any issues. or send me an email. PM is the least desired form of communication.

Grain will be delivered Friday afternoon 2/15. Email or text to arrange pickup.

I forgot next weekend is a holiday weekend. Delivery wont be until Tuesday 2/19. sorry for any inconvenience.

I know the order is closed at this point but wondering for next time... Would a sack of DME fit into a brew bucket for storage purposes?

Back