Half life of "One-Step"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

entropy1049

Reaction score
Just started using One Step as a bottle sanitizer, and based on the taste of my ale, I took the "no-rinse" part a bit too literaly...at 9 days, there is a BAD flavor as a result of not rinsing/allowing sanitizer to collect at the bottom of the bottle. My question: will this disipate with time? the breakdown products of sodium percarbonate are sodium carbonate (water soluble...) and hydrogen peroxide (would eventually breakdown in an open system, but in a sealed bottle?)... This was on the way to becoming fine swill; would make me sad to have to dump it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Well, time can't hurt it, that's for sure. I've done the same thing but with kegs instead and really didn't notice a difference after letting it sit for about 4 weeks at room temperature and then a week carbonating inside the kegerator. From what I've been told, it won't harm the brew.

Back