Nugget Nectar Corned Beef and Cabbage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimm

Reaction score
This past weekend I cooked up some corned beef and cabbage for the whole (be-lated) St. patties day. I read on beer advocate about how someones wife used nugget nectar in their recipe so I did the same. WOW I was really impressed with how well it came out and how well the meat took on the nugget nectar characteristics. You could taste the hops pretty cleanly in the meat and cabbage it was really one of the best corned beef and cabbages I have ever made.

So did you just add some of Nugget Nectar to the boiling water? How much? I need to try this to see how it compares to my friend's corned beef that I had this week.

troeggs nugget necter is one of my favorites the corned beef and cabbage must have been awesome!!!!

I used a 12oz of Nugget, then just enough water to cover the meat. I got it to a boil in a dutch oven, then covered it and put it in a 250 degree oven on the bottom rack for about 4 hours (a nice brew session)

I think it came out really well!

Back