Edme Extra Stout-to carb or not to carb?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfox

Reaction score
First time brewer, using the Edme Extra stout kit (mmmm.. stout). First, I forgot to take an OG, after two weeks gravity is at 1.015. Any ideas if this is about right (label with recommended FG dissolved when I was warming the can)? I'll check FG again in a few days just to be sure. Mostly I'm wondering if folks would recommend adding some priming sugar for carbonating or just bottling as is? My preference is for a smoother stout, but I don't want it to be flat either.

First time brewer, using the Edme Extra stout kit (mmmm.. stout). First, I forgot to take an OG, after two weeks gravity is at 1.015. Any ideas if this is about right (label with recommended FG dissolved when I was warming the can)? I'll check FG again in a few days just to be sure. Mostly I'm wondering if folks would recommend adding some priming sugar for carbonating or just bottling as is? My preference is for a smoother stout, but I don't want it to be flat either.

If you don't want it flat, then you'll have to add priming sugar. If you want to carb "to style", and have the stout less carbonated, there are priming sugar calculators that can help give you the perfect amount of carbonation. http://www.tastybrew.com/calculators/priming.html

You are on the right track... Wait a day or so and take another reading.. if it's the same it's time to bottle...I'm not a stout person so I cannot answer that second question.. sorry

:)

Back