Aeration kit..??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased and used this system for years until the stone got clogged. I purchased a new stone about a year ago.

I was going to bring up the pure o2 option as well but since he already purchased this setup... Jester, in case you weren't aware another option for oxygenating is with a similar setup to what you purchased at about the same price that uses Benzomatic oxygen tanks instead of an air pump. The two differences is using pure oxygen naturally but also you need to purchase the tanks at about $8 each which will last for 4-6 batches. I use the o2 setup but with what you bought, you at least don't have consumables to purchase.

I thought about the pure 02 systems, but I have a ton of aquarium pumps laying around the house... so it seemed like the best thing for me... this will let me use some parts from a past hobby... hehehee...

Jester

I have the same setup but with the Bernz O2 tank. I've used it several times with success. Sure is nice not to have to shake 40 lbs of liquid.

I don't know how long it takes with a pump, but the tank system does its thing in 1 to 2 minutes. I think the 80% is the saturation point that either system will get you to.

Back