Anyone in Chesterfield?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obi_krash

Reaction score
Well it looks like I'm packing up and moving out to Chesterfield in the next month or so - any groups or really anyone out there doing anything?
I do plan on finally brewing more often since I will have the space (townhouses and toddlers don't mix for brewing) and it would be cool to connect with others.

Nowhere near you,in Chiang Mai,Thailand, but a native of Shropshire wishes you all the best

Look up the James River Home Brewers. They are based in Richmond, but I am sure they have members further outside the city as well.

I went to a few of their meetings a few years back, they were pretty chill - but big. I was hoping maybe a few guys in the new area I am moving to might have something going.

I didn't mind the JRHB guys, I just could never always make it to their monthly meeting.

You might find a smaller sub set in the club, I don't know. We have a club up here in Fredericksburg, we have regular meetings, but when it comes to other brewing activities, there seems to be a few sub groups, and a bunch of loners that make up the whole... You could drive up to us if you want, should only be 2 hours each way! ;-)

I live in Chesterfield, but don't belong to any clubs. Just me and my brew dogs in my garage on brew days.

I am In Colonial Heights. Check out M.A.S.H. it is a smaller club than JRHB. MASH meets at Brew in the Belgrade Shopping Center. There used to be a link in the club section about it but it has been deleted for some reason. https://www.facebook.com/MASHRVA/?fref=ts

You may want to swing by http://www.artisanswineandhomebrew.com/ They are beside Capital Ale House on Midlothian Tpke.

Thanks for the tip there - I went and liked the page. Seems like some good information there. It would be nice to find a smaller group than JRHB, I was getting kinda lost in the mix with them.

And thanks for the shop information. I am going to be living off of Fordham road, so that is not too far from me.

Thanks for the tip there - I went and liked the page. Seems like some good information there. It would be nice to find a smaller group than JRHB, I was getting kinda lost in the mix with them.

And thanks for the shop information. I am going to be living off of Fordham road, so that is not too far from me.

I buy from the same place. Good people.

I live in Midlothian and buy supplies from Artisans as well. The owners are really nice and I like that you can order grains for pickup through the website and they will do a great job milling and packaging the grains for pickup.
I don't belong to any groups and just brew by myself (yeah it's as exciting as it sounds).

Additionally, I will purchase bulk grains as part of the group buy in DC/NoVA listed here on HBT. And I don't mind grabbing things for others while I'm at it.

Latest posts

Back