Kenmore 5 cu ft keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrgreen4242

Reaction score
So I bought a huge (15+ cu ft) chest freezer off CL last winter and I'm getting around to putting together a keezer now that it's Spring. Originally, I was going to use the big freezer and mount a countertop and coffin box on top to make a kitchen island/bar counter out of it, but now I'm contemplating using my current food freezer for the beer and moving the food into the big one. It will give me more options for having the keezer in the house, leaving the big one in the (detached) garage for food.

SO, I measured out the interior of my 5 cu ft Kenmore and it's a bit goofy - 11"x16"x18" on the hump side, and 11"x16"x28" on the deep half. I drew up a quick mockup and my math says I can put three PIN LOCKS and a 5# CO2 tank in there if I add a 10-12" collar AND build a small stand to level out the interior to make an even 16"x22"x28-30". I'll perforate the false floor and run a duct with a fan on top to the bottom of the freezer to pull the cold air up out of the dead space underneath.

I've attached a quick little drawing to illustrate, but I wanted someone else to gut check this... I'd like to start building the collar and shelf, painting, etc. while I wait for the temp controller to ship from China, and I get the fast few bucks together for my initial keg components (just the basic KegConnection 3 keg kit with picnic taps - I'll add some Perlicks through the collar over the summer/in the fall). Soooo, I don't have a way to REALLY TRULY verify that it'll all fit in there. Just drawings and roughly made cutouts.

Anyone else using this setup or something close enough they can give me the thumbs up to start buying wood and paint?

THANKS!

3 kegs in 5cuft.jpg

I use a similar setup in my over under freezer/fridge. It works fairly well. I haven't built a shelf for the inside and can fit two kegs in comfortably and a third on the hump. Usually I just run two beers at a time with the third cold conditioning. How did the build turn out? Pics?

Back