Got my perlicks today....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILOVEBEER

Reaction score
Hello,

I replaced the standard faucets on my kegerator with two perlicks because they were sticking so often in between pours. I have not poured beer through these but I did notice that they are VERY easy to operate which is awesome except for the fact that I use 12" tap handles and notice all the faucet needs is a slight nudge and the faucet is full open.....very loose in operation. Not sure if I like that too much.

There is only so much adjustment to tighten so I guess I live with this....better than stuck faucets:ban:

congrats on the perlicks. I have longer tap handles on mine too.. i used a chrome faucet ring behind black flange on the shank to bring them off the kegerator about 1/2in more. Works like a charm.

As for the opening/closing thing.. i dunno.. it's better than being stuck like the regular faucets ;-)

i have 2 425ss and one 525ss the 425s have my heavy handles on because i was having issues with the heavy handles trying to open my 525

Im totally fine with the "action" of these faucets. I removed the heavy tap handle and replaced it with a 7" wooden one.....no big deal. The cool thing is I now have three regular faucets to make a portable kegerator with.

Thanks for the help
Joe

I actually prefer the 425's to the 525's now that i've tried both. You will benefit from going to short and light handles.

Latest posts

Back