Frigidaire 4.6 Cu. Ft. Compact Refrig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_Roqk

Reaction score
Okay guys and gals! I was looking to see if this product is comparable to the Sanyo 4912. If it is... then I'm gonna get me a keggerator started. I really like the price and it can be delivered to the store for pickup. Seems as though the Sanyo has gone up in price at BestBuy. That's why I need some help ttrying to figure out if this is comparable. Need some help here! Oh yeah, here's a pic.
$158.00

Color: Stainless Look
Capacity (Cu. Ft.): 4.6
Flush / Built-In Look: No
Defrost Type: Manual
Dual Cooling: No
Fresh Food Shelves: 2
Freezer Shelves: 0
Door Shelves: 2
Can Dispenser: Yes
Reversible Door: Yes
Custom Door Kit Compatible: No
Depth, Including Handles (Inches): 22-2/5
Depth, Excluding Handles (Inches): 22-2/5
Depth, Less Door (Inches): 19
Height to Top of Case (Inches): 33-3/10
Height to Top of Door Hinge (Inches): 33-3/10
Width (Inches): 21-2/5
Energy Star Compliant: No
Manufacturer's Warranty (Parts): Full 1 Year
Manufacturer's Warranty (Labor): Full 1 Year

012505745119md.jpg

it says "dual cooling: No" and "freezer shelves: 0", which would lead me to believe it doesn't have a freezer - sparky, do you know it has a freezer from seeing one or are you just assuming? If it does have a freezer you're better off not wasting your time, and just ponying up a bit more for the 4912.

If it doesn't have a freezer, it looks like it could potentially work - the overall dimensions are almost exactly the same as those of the 4912, despite the fact that it's supposedly 0.3cuft smaller... However, even the 4912 is a pretty close fit for two kegs, so I would not feel comfortable buying this thing until I got to take measurements to make sure - or heard from someone with firsthand experience with that exact fridge. How's the return policy - can you just buy it and return it if it's too small?

I could be wrong. I thought all those 4.6 cu ft models had a little freezer (if you want to call it that). Who knows, maybe this is the next kegger's wet dream.

They sell them at Lowes, and it shows our store has one. I'll check it out today and give a report.

EDIT - that was post #1000. You'd think I would've made it a good one.
loser.gif

evandude said:
it says "dual cooling: No" and "freezer shelves: 0", which would lead me to believe it doesn't have a freezer - sparky, do you know it has a freezer from seeing one or are you just assuming? If it does have a freezer you're better off not wasting your time, and just ponying up a bit more for the 4912.

If it doesn't have a freezer, it looks like it could potentially work - the overall dimensions are almost exactly the same as those of the 4912, despite the fact that it's supposedly 0.3cuft smaller... However, even the 4912 is a pretty close fit for two kegs, so I would not feel comfortable buying this thing until I got to take measurements to make sure - or heard from someone with firsthand experience with that exact fridge. How's the return policy - can you just buy it and return it if it's too small?

Thanks evandude! That's how I took the description to read. Let me know if you get to Lowes and are able to see one on display. I just am not sure whether or not if I want to get the Sanyo 4912 or this little bugger. Either way I'm getting a fridge to convert. But I'm like most people here trying to save a buck or two.

Lil'Sparky has gone over 1000 posts we all know what that means!...BEE-OTCHS!!

If it's the same model that's at the Lowes near me it does have a freezer. I bought a similar model from BJs to keep my bottled beer cold, but it's not good for building a keggerator.
I'm leaning towards a chest freezer for that project.

Model: FRC05L5DM Frigidaire 4.6 cu ft Compact Refrig.

According to the description it appears not to have a freezer. But if anyone has one or knows someone that does, your input is needed. Thanks!

Barley-Davidson said:
If it's the same model that's at the Lowes near me it does have a freezer.

^^^
ITA
I look all the time and they all have freezers.

The model# is specific to Lowes thereby preventing you from comparison shopping and finding a cheaper version. Can never cash in on thier 110% policy.

It's a crime that they don't have a better photo.

I checked it out - same model # - and as others have recorded it DOES have a little freezer section. Plus, it looks shorter than the 4912. I'm not sure it would work even if it wasn't there.

Best Buy has their 4912s on sale via there website for $189.

Thanks Lil'Sparky. Looks as though I'll probably get the Sanyo 4912. I remember earlier this year that one could a 4912 for around $160 at BestBuy. Maybe they'll go on sale before school starts again (dorm fridges). I'll just hafta keep me eyes peeled. Appreciate the support gents!

I was at Lowes looking at what they had and searched here to find this thread. Here's a photo of it I took with my phone:

frigidaire_r.jpg

Nice pic! Looks like it only has enough room for one keg. Course you might be able to "bend" the freezer part and make more room.

I already have my 4912 cooling right now. It'll soon be converted to a keggerator. Very soon! :D

wakkow said:
I was at Lowes looking at what they had and searched here to find this thread. Here's a photo of it I took with my phone:

frigidaire_r.jpg

So the freezer is a done deal for this model? Any chance it can be removed?

Probably not. The freezer IS the cooling part of the whole fridge. You might be able to bend it out of the way very carefully and still use it as a keggerator. But that depends on the inside measurements.

Back