Barley crusher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I got a barley crusher...I got a barley crusher!!! lol... Came today, and I have a question. Is the preset gap on the rollers good or will I need to move em in?

A barley crusher is on my list of things to buy in the near future. I was kind of hoping that they came with some kind of instructions on how to set them. :(

Make sure the rollers are even. Mine were visibly crooked so that the gap was a little wider on one side. I used some feeler gauges to set them to .035 or something like that. The marks on the adjusters are useless on mine also, if I set them both even with the marks on the casing, the gap is way crooked. Just measure and you'll be fine.

A barley crusher is on my list of things to buy in the near future. I was kind of hoping that they came with some kind of instructions on how to set them. :(

You can ask your LHBS or online supplier what their crush is at. Than set yours with a gap tool if you like the crush they are using.

here are the instructions on cleaning and adjusting:

scan00011.jpg

How much runout do you see on your rollers? I just got a B.C. and I measure about .005 inch difference in the gap between maximum and minimum (at one position of the crank handle vs. the handle turned by 180 degrees. Is .005 more than normal tolerance?

Back