Perlick 525SS Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piperbrew

Reaction score
Alright, went ahead and moved this over to it's own thread. From the old thread it looks like we have:

piperbrew: 4
ODaniel: 2-4
sjlammer: 2
chefchris: 6

If you want to visit the old one, here you go.

If someone is willing to take on the coordination of $ and shipping, it would be greatly appreciated. If it comes down to it I might step up, but I have little experience with paypal (I've used it several times to pay with, never to accept payments).

W/o reading the entire old thread or even searching it to get key points, can you provide more info on this new buy? Who are you buying them from, anticipated price/shipping price, etc?

The purchase would be through Rapids Wholesale. They're $28.99 when purchased as singles, but the price drops to $22.95 when you purchase 25+ units (prices are without shipping).

Shipping will vary slightly, but I copy and pasted some of the prices from the previous group buy with the number of faucets purchased.

1 - $30.21
2 - $54.65
2 - $59.05 (most purchases for 2 were $54.65, but I put this one to show how it could vary)
3 - $79.10
4 - $111.27
5 - $135.72
6 - $160.15

This price includes the faucets, shipping, and PayPal fee for the individual coordinating the purchase. Please note, however, that these prices are not necessarily what we would pay, although I'm sure they're a good ballpark figure.

Also, after reading back over the old post, it appears the person coordinating the purchase and collecting $ needs to be a premium member, since their account will be verified with HBT.

EDIT: Apparently Yuri beat me to the warning.

I think i would get a couple (2). Im tired of not using my kegerator for a couple days and getting those damn sticky faucets. Keep me posted on the count, i.e. when we have 25.

EDIT: I would FOR SURE be in for two, haha. Sorry if there was confusion

Current count: 18-20 (depending on how many ODaniel goes with).

khuygie88, is there any other info you we wanting?

Just got the rest of the setup but decided to go with picnic taps inside the keezer for now, then building a collar and adding the faucets once I put aside a little more cash.

And then you guys had to go and start this... trying to resist...

khuygie88, is there any other info you we wanting?

No thanks, I was just requesting that info for others looking into it. I knew the other thread was a bit long to read.

I purchased two 575SS taps from Rapids back when they came out and I'm very happy with them. My one tap kegerator gets used frequently enough for cheap faucets, and my three tap keezer uses my 575SS's and a stout faucet.

I've spent far to much as is!

No thanks, I was just requesting that info for others looking into it. I knew the other thread was a bit long to read.

I purchased two 575SS taps from Rapids back when they came out and I'm very happy with them. My one tap kegerator gets used frequently enough for cheap faucets, and my three tap keezer uses my 575SS's and a stout faucet.

I've spent far to much as is!

So what's the "creamer" addition with the 575? How does it work?

I'm interested in a pair.
-Ben
Ben, I think my sister probably lives a few minutes from you.

It appears we'll have no problem getting to the 25+ faucets; is there a Premium Supporter on this order that wouldn't mind coordinating the payments and order?

Ok guys, here is the deal. Im a little worried about doing the purchase and im not really sure how you guys like to do eveything but i would be willing to make the order and ship everything out at my local USPS/UPS station.

I would prefer everyone to PM me how many they want, their home address and anything else I might need. Once I know the home address I could calculate the estimated shipping and we could move on from there.

I think the best way to transfer money (as long as everyone can) would to be to do a paypal transfer to my acct, once the money is in I would just make the purchase via paypal and no checks would be necessary. If not it would take a little longer but we could always do checks via snail mail. let me know what you think. Let me know

Piperbrew, it sounds like you are the organizer of everything. If you had a good way that you wanted to setup everything let me know.

So I checked out shipping via USPS and it looks like their small flat rate box is $5 no matter where it goes in the US, this should be an easy way to go. I just checked the cost from here (Oregon) to Florida and it was still $5 so I think if we basically tack on $5 each + the cost of the orig shipping split 6 ways (if it ends up being more we will make it square) many ways (orig shipping will be $29.08 so $5 each) we should be set to go at $10 shipping total for each person. I think this should work out OK.

Im not going to place the order until have the money from everyone, not that I dont trust you I just dont know any of you :cross:

When you PM me I will send you a message back with my email address (for paypal) if you wish to do it that way and you can transfer the money to me. If not please let me know how you plan to send the money and we will be good to go! Lets get this going guys, I want my perlick's!!!!! :rockin::rockin: :tank: :drunk: :mug: :cross: ;) :tank: :mug:

Edit: Oh yea and as long as you transfer paypal to paypal it has no fee to transfer money!!!! And if you are local to Oregon let me know we could probably save shipping and just meet up somewhere. Im in Portland quite often and currently live in Corvallis. I will also check each one as I know in the past some had printer P's and some had engraved P's ill make sure to get everyone a matching set/ however many you ordered.

Sounds great! Thanks for heading this up Brewin_CRAZY. Im about to send you a PM with my info.

chefchris, I still need to buy shanks as well. Might be too much of a hassle to tack them onto this order, but let me know if you get some other interest in it.

And I'm getting my tap handles from here. Trying to go traditional English in look.

nitrousjunkie, what's your time frame for purchasing?

i'm also interested in shanks oh and taps, however might just deal w/ those crap little black handles for now, already about to drop ~$100 on more kegs and ~$100 on taps and ~$40-50 on shanks

Yea, guys you need to know these do not even come with the crap black handles. They are for the faucet ONLY. I would just recommend making a handle (done it a few times) or just purchasing a few on ebay. you can get them for super cheap.

Nitrous Junkie, I will place the order as soon as I have the money from everyone. If you are planning on setting up a bar you might want to just go ahead and get these. Its sooo damn cheap. Nice thing about stainless, it lasts a long time. They will sit in your garage until you need to use them :)

Yea, guys you need to know these do not even come with the crap black handles. They are for the faucet ONLY. I would just recommend making a handle (done it a few times) or just purchasing a few on ebay. you can get them for super cheap.

Nitrous Junkie, I will place the order as soon as I have the money from everyone. If you are planning on setting up a bar you might want to just go ahead and get these. Its sooo damn cheap. Nice thing about stainless, it lasts a long time. They will sit in your garage until you need to use them :)

I agree, you won't find these cheaper anywhere. Do a search on the board and see what other people have paid for these. You'll be grateful.

Brewin Crazy, would you consider doing the tap handles simultaneously. If you order 12+ they are only $1.65 each. This is pretty darn cheap, and if added in with the faucets, shipping is neglible (as opposed to doing paying shipping on just handles). I am sure we could get the 12+ easily enough.

Brewin Crazy, would you consider doing the tap handles simultaneously. If you order 12+ they are only $1.65 each. This is pretty darn cheap, and if added in with the faucets, shipping is neglible (as opposed to doing paying shipping on just handles). I am sure we could get the 12+ easily enough.

I think it would be easiest for people to just get the handles on their own. local brew stores have them for super cheap and you can get really nice handles on ebay for $5-10. Otherwise it might be hard to get that going. BTW cyber, check your PM.

Edit: oh yea, check craigslist also, there are always tap handles on the CL

I think who ever sets this up should get a free perlick for their efforts. Just tack a dollar onto each perlick to cover the cost. It is going to be a lot of work collect the payments, get the faucets and ship them out.

I think who ever sets this up should get a free perlick for their efforts. Just tack a dollar onto each perlick to cover the cost. It is going to be a lot of work collect the payments, get the faucets and ship them out.

haha, I like the idea but its ok. regardless of a free perlick its a killer deal. If you buy one feel free to donate to the cause. :rockin::rockin: Thanks for the idea tho.

Im just saying. That would sweeten the deal for me, so i'd be more than happy to help cover the cost of one for you.

And yeah. im def in for two... when you get a total cost, let me know and i will send you a paypal payment

Agreed. We're all getting a hell of a deal, and Brewin_CRAZY is taken on quite a task with organizing the purchase. It's the next best thing we could do to buying him a drink.

Thanks again!

Like I said guys you dont need to but if you feel the urge just tack on a dollar or so to the paypal price that I send you. It really is not an issue for me to do this but for those of you who want to, believe me I wont complain. :)

sjlammer shoot me a PM with your address so I can get you setup. Thanks guys!

I may be able to match or beat the price you come up with. Especially since it has to go from Rapids to someone (shipping charges) and then out to each person (more shipping charges). What is your landed price including all of the shipping?

Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply

I may be able to match or beat the price you come up with. Especially since it has to go from Rapids to someone (shipping charges) and then out to each person (more shipping charges). What is your landed price including all of the shipping?

Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply

Final cost really depends on how many people purchase. Its 22.95 for the perlicks and $10 shipping regardless of how many you buy. We already have people sending in money so if you can only match the price I dont know if its worth it. I am sure once this purchase is completed if you just start another and you do the purchase (I just kinda stepped forward to do this, it wasnt my idea) you would easily have people doing it. There are a LOT of people on this forum that want perlicks for a good price. But because the money is already coming in I dont know if it would work to change things up. What are you able to get them for including shipping. I checked your website and it has perlicks for 39.49 plus 7.99 shipping, im not sure how this is a better price, but let us know.

The model on our website is a more expensive model. We have the new less expensive model coming from Perlick as we speak. The 525 is a new model. I will have a lower price on the new model when it arrives.

I didn't mean to jump in your game. I am just trying to save you guys some money where I can.

Guys let me know what items I should do group buys for.

Perlick Faucets
March Pumps
Corks

Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply

Just out of curiosity, Forrest, what model is on your website, 425SS or 475SS?

Not sure what else people might want to try and do a bulk order for, but if it's something needed for kegging I'd more than likely be interested in purchasing since I'm in the early stages of buying my kegging equipment.

So what's the "creamer" addition with the 575? How does it work?

The creamer is a function that allows you to push the handle back and it whips air into the beer, giving you a frothy head. People with foaming issues would not have a use for it, but since most people here are going for fancy faucets I'll assume that you have your setups pretty well done up. I recently switched to running 3/16" ID lines (Part number 5181K42 from McMaster, 7.50 for 50 feet, doesn't add an off flavor, b!tch to install, just do it) and I'm getting next to no foam on my 10 foot lines at ~15 psi, which keeps my beer nicely carbed. The creamer faucet is a fun addition, I havent tried it on stouts yet as it is not the season, but come fall I have a Guinness clone ready to go!

Take a look at the picture at the bottom of this pdf from Perlick for a better idea (warning, BIG!)

Forrest, I think its awesome you're trying to help out, and if you can beat these prices and still get decent flat rate shipping or something.... Incredible :rockin:

Ill keep following along!

Ahhh, now that makes more sense. And dont worry its not even my game, i just stepped forward to handle the money. Seriously post how much it would cost for the perlicks. Like I said this round it wont work just because we already have money coming in. However there are always people that want to buy perlicks. I am sure you could get another mass buy going easy. Esp if its the same price as this and its coming from a central place (doesnt have to ship twice). Its easier on us!

The model on our website is a more expensive model. We have the new less expensive model coming from Perlick as we speak. The 525 is a new model. I will have a lower price on the new model when it arrives.

I didn't mean to jump in your game. I am just trying to save you guys some money where I can.

Guys let me know what items I should do group buys for.

Perlick Faucets
March Pumps
Corks

Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply

Brewin Crazy, I know I'm not part of this buy, but I'd say give it a day or two and see what numbers Forrest can come up with for you! Refunding money via paypal isn't be difficult, if that is how you're doing payments, and I'm sure people will not mind losing a few cents per transaction to get a few dollars back!

Forrest. I have been looking to get a march pump. I would be in for one of those if you did a group buy. If the price was sweet enough, i'd get two.

BCS-460 group buy????

Brewin Crazy, I know I'm not part of this buy, but I'd say give it a day or two and see what numbers Forrest can come up with for you! Refunding money via paypal isn't be difficult, if that is how you're doing payments, and I'm sure people will not mind losing a few cents per transaction to get a few dollars back!

I was just about to post that, refunding via paypal wont cost anything. As long as its worth it. Personally if it only saves a buck or two its not worth it for me, but if others want to I have no problem.

Remember guys, I didnt set this whole thing up. Im just stepped forward to make the purchase. I have nothing in this but time, thats the only reason I dont want to change things up.

I'm interested, but don't have a paypal account and don't feel like dealing--

But....I would be very interested in a Austin Homebrew deal--

Just sounds easier.

-Mike

Back