Guess where the old one is going

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rookie

Reaction score
My wife has never really been happy with our four year old fridge (too small for one thing) so we recently got a new one.
The old one is going in my brew room right next to my dedicated freezer. All the brews I want to age at cellar temp will go in there freeing up the freezer to be an all the time fermenting chamber.

Sweet deal! Now that I have my fridge for the kegerator, I'm wanting another one for a fermentation fridge. :p

We got a new fridge a couple months ago, I was stoked about putting the old one downstairs and kegerating it.

Problem is we have two short flights of stairs into the basement with a 90 degree turn between them...we tried every which way to get it down there, but all we managed to do was bang up the doorways, walls, and our fingers. OUt in the alley it went :(

The good news is that I will be gettting a minifridge that I used to share with an old roomate...half a fridge is better than none at all!

TWolf10 said:
We got a new fridge a couple months ago, I was stoked about putting the old one downstairs and kegerating it.

Problem is we have two short flights of stairs into the basement with a 90 degree turn between them...we tried every which way to get it down there, but all we managed to do was bang up the doorways, walls, and our fingers. OUt in the alley it went :(

The good news is that I will be gettting a minifridge that I used to share with an old roomate...half a fridge is better than none at all!

Go out the window !

When we moved into our new house a year ago i had not discovered the joys of home brewing, had only known joys of drinking beer. I had complained about the 3 fridges we had saying it was too many. But alas the wife won out and we have one in the kitchen one in the basement and the one in the garage which i soon realized was great for the beer that needed to be drank just as soon as i was done mowing.

Fast forward a couple months to when i learned about home brewing and specifically lagering, and BANG, my garage fridge became a lagering fridge. The one in the basment holds bottles of home brew, and just 2 days ago i picked up one of those handy sanyo fridges that i will very soon be cutting a hole into the top of it and turning it into a glorious beer cooling machine.

so for me
3 1/2 fridges = :mug:

Back