dog fish head 120 not right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendavanza

Reaction score
The first DFH 120 I drank was "amazing" I thought I had gone to hop heaven. Then I needed a glass of water. I've had a few more since then (not that same day!). It's over the top, for sure, but I like it. Sort of like hop schnapps. The last 2 bottles I've opened (from different sources) tasted more like a barleywine, and kind of sour like a belgian double. I tasted very little if any hop aroma. A local tavern has it on draft, maybe they'll let me have a sample before ordering a $15 pint. I wonder if some of these bottles have been handled improperly, or of they changed their recipe from when I had it a couple years ago, or if they do not age well. The bottles state that it ages well.
comments? suggestions? ideas?
-Ben

When a beer ages, the first thing to drop off is hop aroma. I would assume that you got some older bottles and they have just lost some of their hoppyness.

Back