You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you watch your wife pouring oatmeal into boiling water and you can't help but thinking that her mash in temp is WAY too high!

Not exactly homebrew but...
When you're in the soda aisle of the grocery store and overhear someone looking for Sierra Nevada

...only to realize they actually said "Sierra Mist," and your brain only heard what it wanted to hear.

Photos please. :rockin:

Yes! Or as we say on the internet:

59454589.jpg

When you leave the tap on a few seconds too long and spill more than a little beer on the garage floor...

...but your first reaction is still to raise your glass to the light to examine clarity.

Its 8am, you are just about to leave to go to work, but you stop at the Kegerator and draw a tiny sample of an APA you force carbed last night to test if it is 'there yet'.........

Its 8am, you are just about to leave to go to work, but you stop at the Kegerator and draw a tiny sample of an APA you force carbed last night to test if it is 'there yet'.........

....and then run to the sink to rinse with mouthwash before kissing SWMBO goodbye

no, go straight to kissing SWMBO and she says, "not there yet"

When you leave the tap on a few seconds too long and spill more than a little beer on the garage floor...

...but your first reaction is still to raise your glass to the light to examine clarity.

No, no. Your first thought is to lick the spilled beer.

An extension would be when you're at a bar and someone doesn't finish their beer and it saddens you to see the horrible waste. Specially so if it's craft beer.

When you drink too many 8%+ ABV beers and justify it to SWMBO as research.

"It was only a mixed six pack honey."

(It doesn't quite work because she has quit alcohol all together as a fitness thing and has lost heaps of weight and is hotter than when she was 18 and I'm a beer tragic. God I love her and she's awesome, but I'm in so much trouble in the morning. Pray for me.)

An extension would be when you're at a bar and someone doesn't finish their beer and it saddens you to see the horrible waste. Specially so if it's craft beer.

Well obviously you look at clarity after licking up the spill.

Geeze louise what do you think I am, a Tom? That guy's a jaggo an a half...him and Phil Simms both.

I agree, that poor beer....

But I'll modify that thought, ONLY if it's craft beer. Throw that other stuff down the drain where it belongs!

You can not get a good hydro sample for FG thanks to all the dryhops.

And

You might have gotten a contact drunk (or high) cleaning that fermentor.

Hey, it's about all I got...old guy stuff. I like writing, which many don't get into, I get that. Guess I could back off a lil. Just hacked that old guy pains get in the way of brewing stuff. Gotta get it off my chest sometimes, after being in constant pain for 10 years.

Hey, it's about all I got...old guy stuff. I like writing, which many don't get into, I get that. Guess I could back off a lil. Just hacked that old guy pains get in the way of brewing stuff. Gotta get it off my chest sometimes, after being in constant pain for 10 years.

Meh, no need to apologize, and no need to worry about the haters. They're off in other threads blabbing about themselves too. We are all a bunch of egotistical people on here. Don't let them bring you down. Just keep doing you and all your old man, partial mash lost styles, sci-for writing stuff.

You trip the fancy new scanners TSA uses from wiping star san on your pants. At the time I thought it was odd getting a pat down, then when reading byo on the plane when I saw a star san ad and it clicked the sanitizer is unusual for most people to be using phosphates.

You trip the fancy new scanners TSA uses from wiping star san on your pants. At the time I thought it was odd getting a pat down, then when reading byo on the plane when I saw a star san ad and it clicked the sanitizer is unusual for most people to be using phosphates.
Try responding to a fully engulfed car fire 30 minutes before you need to leave for the airport, and then seeing them do the residue tests on people ahead of you in the security line.

Thought for sure I was going to get a TSA colonoscopy that day.

Try responding to a fully engulfed car fire 30 minutes before you need to leave for the airport, and then seeing them do the residue tests on people ahead of you in the security line.

I used to request the full search. Too much GSR on everything I owned when working in Iraq. When they would would be "patching" cary on luggage, I would always warn the insepctor and show them my CC card then request "To avoid all the red lights going one, can we please go straight tot he hand search". the Brit's would comply...the American TSA folks were a mixed bag.

I get randomed 70% of the time anyway.

Lol That's a lot of charcoal residue sir... Also a good time to wear your fire department shirt.

When you're still comfortable with the temperature in your apartment, and when your (extremely fuzzy) cat also doesn't seem to care that it's warm, but you turn on the air conditioner entirely for the sake of the yeast.

When you're still comfortable with the temperature in your apartment, and when your (extremely fuzzy) cat also doesn't seem to care that it's warm, but you turn on the air conditioner entirely for the sake of the yeast.

My friends with b%^&# about the temperature in my apartment. Every time I ask them if they like drinking free beer. Yes? Then shaddup already

My friends with b%^&# about the temperature in my apartment. Every time I ask them if they like drinking free beer. Yes? Then shaddup already

If you have a wife then changing the temps is a lot more dificult. Luckily I have a big old three story house. Tons of different temp zones. So I do have fermenters all over the house depending on the temp I want. I have a fermentation chamber but often more brews going than will fit in it.

When you can remember what beer is on all four taps in your keezer without any labeling whatsoever, but you can't remember what you just read two seconds ago.
To be fair, you can't drink words.

Back