Priming help/question:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autopsy4

Reaction score
After putting the priming sugar in my fermente I discovered that my siphon is broken. I can get a new one tomorrow. If I were to bottle tomorrow do you think the bottles will still carbonate or should I wait a week and put more priming sugar in and bottle then?

The safest option would be to wait, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to bottle it fine tomorrow. Can't you start a siphon manually with some tubing?

Either use the tubing and create a siphon, or wait. Depending on how much yeast is left, or could be gone in a day or could be a week. If you don't know, it is best to wait or you could have under or over carb'd beer depending on what you do.

I'd wait. FWIW...using buckets with taps....thereby putting an end to my siphoning days...was one of my better moves in brewing my own beer. I think I siphoned my first batch...that was enough.

Back