Sweet find! Grenade shaped bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRxAndy

Reaction score
hey guys, i was perusing the local big lot's store (warehousey discount chain) and found my way in their energy drink selection and spotted bomba energy contained in a glass bottle - the cap that comes on it is not your standard crown but regardless, I tested and they will take standard bottle caps

407206238_fc56ad3ff1.jpg

not my picture (the bottles i got have do not hve the top glass "bomba" imprint, but clean pineapple grenade goodness) but these 8.2?oz bottles are sweeeeeet and so easy to clean - i bought out their remaining stock (30 or so) @ 0.60 cents each, and found out by googling that they should be available chainwide. Perfect for a high gravity brew that you want a small serving of, and you can easily make a simple label to band around it and make it even classier. Thought I would give you lot a heads up because after i found them i kinda geeked out at the design potential.
Hope this helps someone :D

If you can stand drinking the stuff, the ol' Green Grenade would work fine for bottling too. You wouldn't be able to use a standard cap though, these bad boys are wide mouth for easy chugging.

2465.jpg

If you can stand drinking the stuff, the ol' Green Grenade would work fine for bottling too. You wouldn't be able to use a standard cap though, these bad boys are wide mouth for easy chugging.

2465.jpg

Holy crap llama! Digging up questionable memories of my past. Do they still make that skunky swill? LOL

bahaha i see those at the liquor store all the time
never can bring myself to buy them, used to drink the 40's every so often

also, for the record bomba tastes like crap.. they only had the ruby orange flavor at my location; drinking them made me feel sick - and i love energy drinks

Bottling in something shaped like a grenade (and called _bomba_) seems to be tempting the fates....

one night in college a drank a 6 pk of mickey hand grenades and a half pint of whiskey.....that was a good night

Is Bomba carbonated? If not those bottles may not hold up to a carbonated beer. They still might be nice for meads or wines. I often use beer bottles for my meads because they are cheaper and easier to bottle and the size is more appropriate for one drink. A slightly smaller size would be even better.

Craig

Is Bomba carbonated? If not those bottles may not hold up to a carbonated beer. They still might be nice for meads or wines. I often use beer bottles for my meads because they are cheaper and easier to bottle and the size is more appropriate for one drink. A slightly smaller size would be even better.

Craig

A big + 1 on this. The bottle used for uncarbed drinks is not of the same strength as for a carbed drink. Same as with plastic containers. My Pellegrino containers did not stand up to beer pressure because the bottles were only designed to handle a very slight pressure.

Be careful, especially when you serve those suckers.

The sentiment is a good one though. I wish I could afford to buy a few cases of Duvel Golden for my big beers. The glass is super thick and the bottles are small with a very resonable serving size for a 10% er.

yes bomba is carbonated, i know better than that ;)
it's not a super heavy carb, but its suitable for higher abv stuff with lighter carbonation, the bottles are pretty decent quality

Back