williamsWarn, too bad so expensive

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason1973

Reaction score
I know not new but just ran across this , if they lowered price and stop marketing it as a over priced MR Beer just to sell there kit's, this would make one nice conical, temp control and ferment under pressure, also if they upped conical to 50l.
what people think?
0078_WilliamsWarn_Brewery-Web-Image_FA2.png

That thing is really expensive to make an all extract and hop juice beer. Your options for making recipes is extremely limited. You could make the same thing with a MrBeer for a fraction of the price.

I suppose you could use additional equipment to brew a real beer then use it for fermentation only. But I can do that in a Better Bottle and my fermentation chamber (which will ferment 3 beers at a time) and cost less than 1/10 as much.

I also would not consider a beer finished in 7 days....

IMO to use it as a temperature controlled conical I would be interested in it at about $250 not the $6000 they are asking for.

That thing is really expensive to make an all extract and hop juice beer. Your options for making recipes is extremely limited. You could make the same thing with a MrBeer for a fraction of the price.

I suppose you could use additional equipment to brew a real beer then use it for fermentation only. But I can do that in a Better Bottle and my fermentation chamber (which will ferment 3 beers at a time) and cost less than 1/10 as much.

I also would not consider a beer finished in 7 days....

IMO to use it as a temperature controlled conical I would be interested in it at about $250 not the $6000 they are asking for.

i was thinking if they upped to 50l $2000 would be okay, I'm in middle of building a under pressure system. 1/4 sankey as primary and either 1/6 or a corny for secondary. williamsWarn i like idea of sediment trap so can secondary in same container, set 5 psi for primary then up to 20 for secondary.

and ignore there method and ingredients all together

i was thinking if they upped to 50l $2000 would be okay, I'm in middle of building a under pressure system. 1/4 sankey as primary and either 1/6 or a corny for secondary. williamsWarn i like idea of sediment trap so can secondary in same container, set 5 psi for primary then up to 20 for secondary.

and ignore there method and ingredients all together

50L or 13.21 gallon pressurized conical...... I would be thinking in the range of $500 to $1000 USD. If I was in the market for something like that at all.

YMMV.

I'd pay 250, maybe $350 for a temp controlled SS fermentor with serving vessel. But $6000??? Do they really think they can sell more than 10 at that price?

I really don't know where you guys are getting your costs from (OP is more realistic). While $6k is expensive - just looking at somewhere like stout tanks range you are at $600 just for a standard 14g conical that can only take 4 psi. Then to through together a small footprint cooling/heating system their peltier DIY kits sell at $125 each and you will need at least 2. And that only gets you the machined mounting plate, heatsinks and fans. You still have to stump up for 4 peltiers and a control system. Then sort out how to pull it all together to be able to ferment and serve.
Yes the Williamswarn is a overpriced in my opinion, but it is not something that you can DIY cheaply (but you could much cheaper than $6k but I doubt sub $1k)
Tho has made mw wonder how you clean the Williamswarn thought?

I really don't know where you guys are getting your costs from (OP is more realistic). While $6k is expensive - just looking at somewhere like stout tanks range you are at $600 just for a standard 14g conical that can only take 4 psi. Then to through together a small footprint cooling/heating system their peltier DIY kits sell at $125 each and you will need at least 2. And that only gets you the machined mounting plate, heatsinks and fans. You still have to stump up for 4 peltiers and a control system. Then sort out how to pull it all together to be able to ferment and serve.
Yes the Williamswarn is a overpriced in my opinion, but it is not something that you can DIY cheaply (but you could much cheaper than $6k but I doubt sub $1k)
Tho has made mw wonder how you clean the Williamswarn thought?
i know there are cooling conicals that cost alot more than what i suggested

i know there are cooling conicals that cost alot more than what i suggested

I would think what you said for a 50 litre cooled pressuriable conical would be good.
With the Williamwarns the problem I see is it is more of a rich kid gadget than a serious brewer equipment. They most likely would not sell many more units if they were priced at $3k and loss a whole lot of profit. So the best tactic is to"overprice" it.

Back