Bulk Base Grain Purchase?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hockeyhunter99

Reaction score
I would like to get into AG system and i have all the material. just wondering if anybody has a good spot to buy 2-row around the area. i know moorhead has the country cannery but wondering if there are better places within 2 hours of fargo that would have it pretty cheep.

i am looking for a #50 bag for about $30-$40. (if that is possible).

Besides the Cannery, I'm not aware of anything much closer than the twin cities. There's a Natural Foods co-op in Grand Forks by the name of Amazing Grains that might have bulk 2-row, but I'm not positive. Maybe give them a call and see, and drop a comment back here if you have any luck.

I'm trying to piece together a list of what I'm going to brew thru the end of the year so I can stop at Midwest of Northern Brewer the next time I travel thru the cities so I can buy bulk and not have to pay shipping.

Both supply shops in Bismarck and Mandan used to take orders for bags. You obviously have to wait until that make their next order to get it, but it is a little cheaper.

+1 to buying in the cities in bulk for the year. That's what I usually end up doing.

Anybody ever contact Cashwise? I used to work for them and asked a managed once when they might get into supplying some of that stuff. He sounded like they had talked about it in corporate. I am betting that you could get a special order done up with them and they would just send it on their regular truck. When I stocked shelves back in the day, we used to get people who would order odd things by the case just so they could get it at their local store.

Back