Exploding Pop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frunkasduck

Reaction score
Okay, so in the winter time my bedroom is absolutely FREEZING. Friday night we got a huge snowstorm and it was like -9 degrees out all friday and saturday so my house was extra cold. I had to work saturday night (i work midnights), so i had my heater on in my bedroom all day, and I accidentally left it on when I left for work. In my room, I have a bunch of collector coca cola cans and such from when I was younger, and they were never opened. It turns out, my bedroom got so hot when i was gone, it split the pop cans down the side and shot a couple bottles of old pop across my room! there was pop everywhere! the pressure from it launched all of my deodorant and pictures and stuff off of my dresser all the way across the room. it was insane! the pop can actually launched itself too across to the other side of the room!

has anyone had anything like this happen?

I had kind of the reverse at work this weekend. I don't have a fridge in my office so I use a plastic tote kept outdoors to store my pop in during the winter. Well I walk up the ramp to the door where I keep the tote, and notice brown snow and the lid of the tote halfway off. It turns out it got so cold it caused the can to explode and blow the top off the tote, and spray pop everywhere.

I always thought it was a Western New York thing, you get funny looks if you call it soda here.

I used to call all pop, coke as well when I was younger (from Indiana). Now I go with pop...when i lived in Georgia they called it sodapop lol...apparently they couldn't pick one or the other

Back