CO2 regulator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, other than you would want a 0-30 psi gauge and you would still need to be able to adapt it to your co2 tank

I don't think I'd use it as a primary regulator. Air compressors are limited to outputting 125psi. There's something like 800 psi in a co2 tank. I don't know this for sure, but that sounds like a recipe for spectacular failure of the regulator. I wouldn't want to be around if that happens.

Using it as a secondary regulator shouldn't be a problem... Though NewBrewer25 is right, you'll need to replace the gauge.

That may work for a secondary regulator, but not a primary. My primary regulator reads 500psi at inlet with a new tank. That plastic job would explode in a hurry. Also to mention you will need the fittings to attach it to a tank. A new dual output regulator (screws to CO2 tank with nothing else to buy) sells on ebay for $44. Why not be safe?

Back