Parti-gyle tomorrow!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
First one ever!!

The first batch is the 5-gallon PTE clone, the second will be a 2.5 gallon all cascade American IPA.

It'll be 45°F here in Buffalo, so wish me luck!!!!

I'm interested to hear how your day goes. I did my first PG this past Monday and except for a few quirks (that already existed in my brew process, but were amplified by doing a double batch) everything seemed to go pretty good.

Here's my thread. I need to really update and clean it up so it goes through my day better, but I'll get to it eventually...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/first-partigyle-attempt-iipa-apa-157231/

I have to use my older MT system which yields around a 60% efficiency. So I figure after the first mash 40% of the gravity points will be left, so 60% of 40% is 25%.

Is 25% a good hypothesis for what I should get in my second mash?

those are the percentages i've seen pretty common on partygile info, but i haven't done one yet. let us know how it works... I'm hoping to do an IIPA/Amber soon (adding some specialty grains for the amber), and then a WeeHeavy/60 schilling shortly there after. I'm fascinated by the partygile process and excited to give it a shot.

those are the percentages i've seen pretty common on partygile info, but i haven't done one yet. let us know how it works... I'm hoping to do an IIPA/Amber soon (adding some specialty grains for the amber), and then a WeeHeavy/60 schilling shortly there after. I'm fascinated by the partygile process and excited to give it a shot.

It didn't go well. Wait for my venting thread.

I have to use my older MT system which yields around a 60% efficiency. So I figure after the first mash 40% of the gravity points will be left, so 60% of 40% is 25%.

Is 25% a good hypothesis for what I should get in my second mash?

I figure you'll get more along the lines of 30-35% as with all the extra sparging, you'll get a better overall efficiency. 60/32 is about what I get on my system for partigyles

Latest posts

Back