tap a keg/ coors home draft system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sick-cadaver

Reaction score
Hey guys I have seening these lil kegs online and was wounding if I pick up the coors home draft keg could I poor the coors down my toilet then use the keg system for my home brew? They use a lil c02 bottle for like air guns . Here's my question I will have to carbonate my beer first before I put it in the system right? The c02 is just for it to come out right not to carbonate. Thanks guys

check it out on youtube: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI9QjCPsNwo]How To Keg Home Brewed Beer With The Coors Light / Miller Home Draft System - Beer Review Dude - YouTube[/ame]

Don't you have any friends that would drink the Coors? They would be happy to help you empty that mini keg.

You can use the CO2 to carbonate but it will take more of the CO2 cylinders. You also could naturally carbonate in the mini keg before you used the CO2 with the downside of having a layer of yeast in the mini keg.

I tried it and it lasted for two brews before the plastic piece that screws in the tap and holds the CO2 cartridge cracked into pieces. I natural carbed in one and the second try I used the CO2 cartridges. I ended up setting it aside and just bought a couple of kegs.

ETA: BTW, that Coors Light, although not great beer, is good for beer brats and beer bread!

I tried it and it lasted for two brews before the plastic piece that screws in the tap and holds the CO2 cartridge cracked into pieces. I natural carbed in one and the second try I used the CO2 cartridges. I ended up setting it aside and just bought a couple of kegs.

ETA: BTW, that Coors Light, although not great beer, is good for beer brats and beer bread!

Of course it broke after 2 uses. You don't think they planned that?;)

I think I am going to try .. I seen a video of a guy who made.custom adaptor to 2 bottles using a c02 bottle from a paintball gun and said it worked great I guess u got to be careful deff worth trying ... my batch will be carbonated new years then I will just pour it in there and get her ready to drink in 3 weeks then c02 her up and. Instant home brew draft for only 20 bucks lol.. great for going over buddys house

Make sure it's food grade co2, not the paintball stuff. The paintball cartridges can contain bits of metal or plastic.

I tried this for a while and found that trying to find the EXACT co2 cartridges was next to impossible. I tried to use the ones offered at the lhbs but found that, in trying to, manipulate them so they would work, I wound up spending more on them than I would have liked to.

If you're going to keg, get a keg system. Lasts a lot longer than those plastic things.

I would not trust those things. Here is a first hand true story. Do you remember the Coors Light party ball? They were around in the late 80's early 90's. We were going out on my friends dads boat for the 4th of July and had one of those. He was carrying the box and it was leaking all over the place. He put the box down and looked at the ball to see what was going on. The thing exploded and cut his face up pretty bad. He got 15 stitches in his face and the day was done. Luckily it didnt hit his eye. The good news is he got some money from them and now has a very successful business. I dont know why the thing exploded like that but I do have a tap a draft system and it is great. I would not get this to replace it. They are only $100 complete and Im sure you can even find them cheaper on the internet.

I am I am about to pick 2 kegs up and c02 bottles and draft hook up for 75 bucks lol but this lil system would be great for going of buds house to drink

I got one of these for a game-day get-together at my place. My buddies and I drained it and I've been refilling it with still cider and priming it with a CO2 charge from the LHBS ever since. No complaints yet.

Back