Danby Chill 'n Tap??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No experience with it, but I think it's similar to the one sams club carries. What's "a good price"? Because at $600 (what best buy lists it for), it's not worth it. You can get a sanyo 4912 from best buy for $200, and the dual-tap tower might cost a buck fifty all told with faucets. I'm sure the mod for switching from sanke to corny kegs is as simple as switching the disconnects on the hose ends---but then you'd still be stuck with a single-tap kegerator, rather than the double-tap version that's possible with the 4912. My 2 cents? If you're nominally handy, you can convert the 4912 for less money and end up with 2 taps instead of 1.

I actually own this piece of crap. Do not buy it. It's not tall enough to fit corny kegs, or anything but a 'pancake' 1/4 barrel. It was great before I started brewing, but now, it just looks like wasted space. Prolly putting mine on CL soon, and picking up the Sanyo as Evan mentioned above.

He is asking $400 for it, but I think I can talk him down even more. It is brand new, in the box and never opened. It is the one that my local Sam's carries, it was bought there for him as a gift. Unfortunately for him, his SWMBO doesn't want it in their house. This one holds 1/2 bbl kegs, or atleast it says it does on the box and on the Best Buy link above. I haven't measured it, but the one at Sam's looks like it would be tall enough for cornies. I was just wondering if I could get 3 cornies in it. Also was wondering about how easy it would be to put a 3 tap tower on it, or if I should mod the existing tower.

I have the Danby picked it up from Best Buy for 359 about 6 months ago. It will hold 2 cornies but like evan said you will have to swap out the single tap tower.

I actually have a Danby, and so far am happy with it.

With the CO2 tank on the outside of the unit, I have my 3 way secondary regulator set up, and 3 cornies in the fridge. It is a bit tight, but can be done.

Add 2 shanks with goosenecks, and faucets to the existing tower, and you are all set.

I am still in the process of setting up the tower, but have the kegs chilling now.

I was able to pick my unit up for $350 on closeout, and it suits my needs till i have more space for a Keezer!

i got one of these for giftmas. it's will hold two cornies, you could prolly cram three in there, but there'd not be much room for the lines. the tap is pretty crappy, and gets stuck up if you don't use it everyday. the plastic rail is absolute ****e, and snaped in half when i was trying to install it.

it does the job though, and as mine was a gift, i'ts good enough. i just switch the lines on the kegs if i want to drink a different beer.

if you are dyi inclined, get the sanyo and convert it on your own.

Even if you get a two or three tap tower for it, the opening in the top is not a full three inches so the more lines you cram in it, the less cool air you get up the tower. I have one of these, and it isn't too bad after doing quite a bit of work, but there are better options out there.

Are you looking at the Danby DKC645BLS? I have this one and can fit 3 cornies easily, including lines. This was my first Kegerator and I think it's worth the Co2, tower, sankey tap, and convienience of just having to set up and plug in. I did get this item on clearance so I couldn't resist.

Also, it was easy to get by the biggest problem of this fridge (keeping beer cold). All I needed to do was buy $0.99 resistors and throw it into the sensor. Didn't break the warranty at all.

Back