Catching up on brewing chores

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiber_Brew

It's about the beer.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just spent my entire post-work day kegging 30+ gallons of beer. I brewed quite a bit of beer within the last couple months, and had planned on racking/kegging much earlier than tonight. Then my father lost his battle with cancer in September and I of course put that at the forefront of my priorities. The dust just started to settle, and I had just one weeknight to catch up with my hobby, and it was a looooong and stressful night. Tired, hungry, and stressed, I still love this hobby. I gotta say, without the passion for brewing and serving beer, I would never have made it through tonight.

I just wanted to vent.

I just spent my entire post-work day kegging 30+ gallons of beer. I brewed quite a bit of beer within the last couple months, and had planned on racking/kegging much earlier than tonight. Then my father lost his battle with cancer in September and I of course put that at the forefront of my priorities. The dust just started to settle, and I had just one weeknight to catch up with my hobby, and it was a looooong and stressful night. Tired, hungry, and stressed, I still love this hobby. I gotta say, without the passion for brewing and serving beer, I would never have made it through tonight.

I just wanted to vent.

I didn't know that you lost your dad in September- I'm so sorry to hear that. It's so hard to deal with the death of a parent, and you have my sympathy in your loss.

I didn't know that you lost your dad in September- I'm so sorry to hear that. It's so hard to deal with the death of a parent, and you have my sympathy in your loss.

Thanks, Yoop. It was tough to see him pass, but it was even tougher to see him live with cancer. In a way, I'm relieved that he isn't suffering like that anymore. Thanks again for the support.

Have you started brewing your lagers yet this year?

Thanks, Yoop. It was tough to see him pass, but it was even tougher to see him live with cancer. In a way, I'm relieved that he isn't suffering like that anymore. Thanks again for the support.

Have you started brewing your lagers yet this year?

Not yet! I need to get cracking. I have some issues with my false bottom collapsing, so I've been slacking on my brewing also.

I'm definitely going to make a maibock but I'm not sure what else is going to be made. It's so nice to come back from Texas, and have a lager finished and ready to drink when we get home. Last time, I lagered in the kegerator on gas (with my fingers crossed that nothing would happen while we were gone), and pulled a pint the moment we got home. Of course, it was 80 degrees outside when we got home in March, and the BoPils was especially tasty!

What's on tap for your brewing?

I got some cleaning up to do after yesterdays brew day ended pretty late. But my 1st PM pale ale is in the fermenter. Mashing,etc def adds a couple hours. But this cascade pale ale will be ready come turkey day. Wanna pit bbq the turkey again this year. Hoppy pales go good with that light smoke flavor.

Yooper said:
Not yet! I need to get cracking. I have some issues with my false bottom collapsing, so I've been slacking on my brewing also.

I'm definitely going to make a maibock but I'm not sure what else is going to be made. It's so nice to come back from Texas, and have a lager finished and ready to drink when we get home. Last time, I lagered in the kegerator on gas (with my fingers crossed that nothing would happen while we were gone), and pulled a pint the moment we got home. Of course, it was 80 degrees outside when we got home in March, and the BoPils was especially tasty!

What's on tap for your brewing?

Got a couple recipes lined up. Lambic this weekend, then an American Pale next weekend. I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Hope your Maibock turns out well!

So sorry to hear about your dad. It's never easy to lose someone you love.

As I'm want to say at moments like these: Thank God for the beer...

mjdonnelly68 said:
So sorry to hear about your dad. It's never easy to lose someone you love.

As I'm want to say at moments like these: Thank God for the beer...

Thank you. You're absolutely right. Don't know what I'd do without brewing beer!

Back