What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still doin it!
http://youtu.be/DF52AdOUQTY
Can't give it up yet

I used to have a deep scream like Chris Barnes in Six Feet Under. my brutha have a high scream like Chris Barnes in Cannibal Corpse. kinda opposite what people expected when they saw us on stage.

Butchers.jpg

I used to have a deep scream like Chris Barnes in Six Feet Under. my brutha have a high scream like Chris Barnes in Cannibal Corpse. kinda opposite what people expected when they saw us on stage.
That kinda makes me want to iron out that red rice wine variant I'd planned to call "blood wine".

my wife would drink that on the name alone! "There is no finer vintage!"
Haha, I had a spit ball idea for a red rice wine variant with blood oranges added and re-fermented after harvest. Some vampire obsessed gal at work kinda gave me the idea. :fro:

Another 2013 Bigfoot. I need to get my hands on a 2011 to fill in a gap in the vertical I am working on. I have a 2010, 2012, and 2013. I'd like to do a five year vertical after next year's gets released.

Niiiice both bands are great would of loved to see you Billy I miss the mosh pit
:rockin:
Prepare yourself for the worst, it's coming soon I believe in those foretold prophecies of doom They say the end is close, it's coming fast Not every single one of us is gonna last

So, stand and fight or kill yourself right now It'll be one less mother****er to kill Skin shot, burned, stabbed, scorched and torn This pain is real, you can't ignore.

and here I was being a Star Trek nerd...
Oh, you could take it that direction too. Red rice wine with particulates really looks like blood though. It also doesn't really taste like anything else. Add the bitterness to balance the sometimes overly sweet flavor of the red rice wine, and it should actually be very good.

Make red rice wine, harvest. Dillute 2:1 rice wine to water. Add blood oranges sliced thin. Let the sugars added by the blood oranges flavor and ferment the wine for a couple of weeks. Bottle and pasteurize.

To give you an idea, this is a picture of a batch of RYR bottled. Just before it went in the pot for pasteurization.

largryrbatchbottle.JPG

LOTM b2 finally racking b3.

image-1074830588.jpg

Sadly, not pink. Optical illusion in the kettle from floating rhubarb I guess.

Still need to clean kettle and mash tun after dinner and weigh grain for BdC rebrew.

Niiiice both bands are great would of loved to see you Billy I miss the mosh pit
:rockin:
Prepare yourself for the worst, it's coming soon I believe in those foretold prophecies of doom They say the end is close, it's coming fast Not every single one of us is gonna last

So, stand and fight or kill yourself right now It'll be one less mother****er to kill Skin shot, burned, stabbed, scorched and torn This pain is real, you can't ignore.
Now that's a song I can appreciate.

Still need to clean kettle and mash tun after dinner and weigh grain for BdC rebrew.

I'm leaving my cleaning til tomorrow. I'm beat, puttering away at the changing table my dad and I are building, and listening to the football game

You make a lot of cool brews gabe I would like to try some one day your going to have to bring some with you next year :ban:

Missed a week here, hope everyone's doing well. Gabe, the figs are still green, may be f'd? Drinking Highland's Gaelic,after a week of teaching charcuterie (makin' sausage and ****) at the John C Cambell Folk School in Brasstown, NC. Too crunchy for me. But a good time.

What do you think? I liked that one.
Edit: I need one of those glasses ;-)

Definitely on the sweeter side and although I'm a tart fanatic its still hitting the spot. Little bit of the yeast, lots of dark fruit and a touch of oakiness make it an easy drinker.

Anytime you want one of these glasses let me know; local shop had a couple more and they haven't been moving too quick. I use it for d*** near everything though

DisturbdChemist said:
Congrats. Which one was you?

Having this to close the night.

New to Tx

He was the overall winner, Clint! Congrats bro! That's awesome. Congrats to the alchy thread yeast nerd as well, Channel66!
Clint, you have to be crapping your pants in excitement right now

Back