What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another pint...of iced coffee. finally got all the stuff from bottling day & brew day,scrubbed,dried & stashed. Washed some dishes & such for momma. she's always in a bit better mood when I try to leave the kitchen cleaner than I found it. :rockin:

I should probably stop posting same old chit! Sixpoint, what else! I have 2 cases and the first one is almost gone. I'm probably going back to F F exit 16 half way through the game image-1998155087.jpg

A Chinook IPA...my own brew, of course...whilst I wait another 23 minutes to add a hop addition to me NB SMASH American Ale boiling away. It's a good day!

Cheers!

Tapout said:
A Chinook IPA...my own brew, of course...whilst I wait another 23 minutes to add a hop addition to me NB SMASH American Ale boiling away. It's a good day! Cheers!
Chinook mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

Nothing. :(
I'm a federal employee who has to work, but not get paid. Don't they know that's the exact opposite of how it's supposed to work? ;)
I will be drinking some Harpoon Rye IPA when I do get home.

image-1855825427.jpg

Finally found Pumpking. Didn't think I'd be able to find it. Even though I overpaid for it, it was as good as the hype made me believe.

Amazing how well this holds up over time, also had tröegs scratch chocolate raspberry stout which was amazing from the growler and rock arts white tail golden ale

NIZZLE said:
Yes great beer!
I bought it on a whim. I was cleaning out my basement bar yesterday and loaded all my empties into the Jeep and headed to Kroger. I had about $10.50 in empties, which was about the cost of a sixer of this stuff, after deposit. So glad I picked it up. Wife loves it, too.

EDIT: them being local, I wonder if they would share a scaled down recipe with a home brewer.

Started with coffee with breakfast, then water while mashing and now onto some beer while waiting for boil to start.

View attachment 153791

I picked a gorgeous afternoon for brewing! :fro:

Sounds like a nice day. Your brewing that abbey beer? Did you say dubbel?

I'm drinking brown saison I bottled this week, not really ready, but I new it was carbed and settled and was interested in trying it. Tried to adjust AA on the bittering for storage and such and maybe went a tad high. Plus my little hop scale croked so I was using the bigger one which isn't super accurate for small quantities.

No brewing today, it's round two of canning tomatoes. Maybe, if I'm taken over by the spirit of a more motivated person I'll get one of the two batches bottled that need it. Probably get two brews in later this week, so should be an assortment of test batches headed your wat for feedback soon.

Flipside while watching the Steelers game. I have no expectations, but this brew is better the second time around!

I bought it on a whim. I was cleaning out my basement bar yesterday and loaded all my empties into the Jeep and headed to Kroger. I had about $10.50 in empties, which was about the cost of a sixer of this stuff, after deposit. So glad I picked it up. Wife loves it, too.

EDIT: them being local, I wonder if they would share a scaled down recipe with a home brewer.

I bet they would how far are you from the brewery?

TNGabe said:
Sounds like a nice day. Your brewing that abbey beer? Did you say dubbel? I'm drinking brown saison I bottled this week, not really ready, but I new it was carbed and settled and was interested in trying it. Tried to adjust AA on the bittering for storage and such and maybe went a tad high. Plus my little hop scale croked so I was using the bigger one which isn't super accurate for small quantities. No brewing today, it's round two of canning tomatoes. Maybe, if I'm taken over by the spirit of a more motivated person I'll get one of the two batches bottled that need it. Probably get two brews in later this week, so should be an assortment of test batches headed your wat for feedback soon.

I'm brewing a quad this time - sick amount of sugar in it. If I can find some nice looking figs at a decent price I may use them in the secondary - we'll see.

Have fun with the canning! And any time you want to send some beer for feedback I'm more than willing to help out! :D

I'm brewing a quad this time - sick amount of sugar in it. If I can find some nice looking figs at a decent price I may use them in the secondary - we'll see.

Have fun with the canning! And any time you want to send some beer for feedback I'm more than willing to help out! :D

Did you get some syrup or just using sugar?

I wouldn't say that canning is fun, but we put some tunes on and drink some good brews. We've got a good setup and a canner that goes on my homebrew burner so we can get a bunch of jars done per batch and it's not too bad. Need to get tomato sauce made to put the eggplant parmeseasn together, too.

Did you get some syrup or just using sugar?

I wouldn't say that canning is fun, but we put some tunes on and drink some good brews. We've got a good setup and a canner that goes on my homebrew burner so we can get a bunch of jars done per batch and it's not too bad. Need to get tomato sauce made to put the eggplant parmeseasn together, too.

Syrup this time because I need to the color. Any tedious job can be made better by adding some good tunes :)

I just made my first batch of sauce for the fall a couple of weeks ago - I do it six gallons at a time :D

Syrup this time because I need to the color. Any tedious job can be made better by adding some good tunes :)

I just made my first batch of sauce for the fall a couple of weeks ago - I do it six gallons at a time :D

Syrup is (or should be) the main flavor contribution as well.

Do you freeze or can your sauce?

Syrup is (or should be) the main flavor contribution as well.

Do you freeze or can your sauce?

It will be - the grain bill is just 8 pounds each of 2-row and pilsner.

I don't have a canning set-up so I freeze it now. I use plastic tubs that the local store sells side salads in - plus I use cool wHip containers.

It will be - the grain bill is just 8 pounds each of 2-row and pilsner.

I don't have a canning set-up so I freeze it now. I use plastic tubs that the local store sells side salads in - plus I use cool wHip containers.

Nice! You do a decoction?

Back