• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Portable CO2 Keg Charger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
Looking to serve without my big tank. Please PM me if you have one that works and is in decent shape. Thanks.

I built a simple one with a small device that can hold those 16 gram CO2 cartridges:

http://morebeer.com/view_product/18305//CO2_Injector_Pin_Lock

I disassembled the unit and replaced the fittings so it'll work with a standard keg. It probably cost me $40 for all the fittings, pipe and the unit plus a few cartridges, and was super-simple to build up.

It is unregulated so you have to give it a quick (<1 second) squirt every 5-10 beers. I get through a keg with about 5 cartridges. It works really well for tailgating, bbqs, etc. But it isn't idiot-proof... don't let the peons use it or the beer will start flowing at about 50PSI and spurt everywhere :)

Back