First Kegging...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyVegas

Reaction score
First try at kegging here... I pyt my SNPA Clone in yesterday, and fell short on time and decided not to drill my mini-fridge up to chill the keg as it force carbs...

I have it currently Force Carb-ing at approx 77degree F on 34-35lbs of CO2.

Thoughts? How long you think?

I wish I planned better and could chill it... but I didn't want to chill my CO2 tank AND shiny new reg int he same mini-fridge... if that would even fit...

Biggest thing is to check often for the first 1-4 hours in the keg and on the pressure. Almost everyone has a horror story of having a keg slowly leak out and having 5g of fresh beer in the bottom of their keezer. Don't let it happen to you!

I think it takes 3 weeks for a beer on gas to properly carbonate and process the carbonic acid. Others disagree and say their beers are ready in a week.

a lot of people keep the tank/regulator in the kegerator, who cares how shiny it looks, if it gets you cold beer, i'd do it.

I kept an eye on it for the first few hours- no leaks and pressure held.

I wouldnt mind putting it in the fridge but it seems so compacted. Maybe I'll move it into there.. I'd have to readjust the pressure I'd think as well.

Back