• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

10 Gallon Igloo Mash Tun Starting at $1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if the cooler is $100 and parts are $22 You may make a quick 7 bucks for your labor lol

10 Gal cooler from Home Depot is about 37 bucks. Bargainfittings.com for the ball valve etc and you are golden.

If this person sold one for $130, I need to start an infomercial --

Follow me camera guy -- you know the German's always make good stuff -- follow me camera guy

Igloo coolers are a bit better than home depot coolers IMHO. I have yet to find that $37 HD cooler online, does anyone have a link? I saw $56. And how much are all the parts at that bargain fittings? 30?, 40?

Igloo coolers are a bit better than home depot coolers IMHO. I have yet to find that $37 HD cooler online, does anyone have a link? I saw $56. And how much are all the parts at that bargain fittings? 30?, 40?

My HD coolers are Igloo coolers . I bought them last year for 16$ each they were on clearance

gott1.jpg

Wow! That is the deal of a lifetime... igloo too! Id of had to buy em out for that price.

I'd buy immediately if I found $40. I'm actually looking for $40-$45 to buy one.

and buy the way, the Bargain Fittings kits are $21-$34 for Brass and Stainless respectively.
Worst case $56 + $34 = $90
You can Always find them for $56.
Dude is making $40 for a piece of teflon tape and 10 minutes of labor. More like 5 cause I'm sure he doesn't care or check if they leak when shipping.

That's just nuts. I guess some people would rather just buy it done than spend the 10-30 minutes it takes to do it themselves.

i bought stainless fittings from this guy

WeldlessFittings.com

via ebay. shipping was $5 and i bought a couple of stainless weldess fittings for my kettles too.

cooler fitting was $29, kettles were $26 all stainless

The one I'm looking at was tested overnight for leaks. And its close by and I could pick it up. Wow that one with the false bottom is $119 and shipping is $44 that's insane.

The one I'm looking at was tested overnight for leaks. And its close by and I could pick it up. Wow that one with the false bottom is $119 and shipping is $44 that's insane.

arent you selling this? didnt you have apost in the classifieds for the other ones? that was deleted? i could be wrong but thats what i recall. there is still an artifact in the classifieds forum, but thread is gone.

The main difference between the HD cooler and the ones listed are the screw on top (red) vs. the push on seat top (white).

screw on wouldn't work for me . I use a thermocoupler and I just put it in the cooler and push the lid on . Lid has a small indentation on the side and the wire fits perfectly

arent you selling this? didnt you have apost in the classifieds for the other ones? that was deleted? i could be wrong but thats what i recall. there is still an artifact in the classifieds forum, but thread is gone.

No that one was his brother's....;)

You're a sly fox. Trying to get more traffic so I don't sell too low and lose $, but 37 watchers is good for now :) Id keep it for a HLT but I have a tiny apt and I can just use a 5 gallon cooler to hold hot water...

I'm not out to screw anyone or get screwed either... im not gonna sell something and not make a profit or id keep it for myself right? Why would anyone sell anything for less than they paid for it? Ya Gaboon. Its out there for the public to decide whats fair and that's what it goes for. How much more fair can I get? Public auction, public decides. Supply and demand. And I had my other one which sold for 130 + shipping = $144 and didn't post that on this site. So If that buyer was from HBT they didn't find it thru here but thru ebay. Still trying to figure out how you got 38 out of 37 people. Maybe meant 37 of 38. That person was from a ritzy part of California, so maybe money wasn't the object and they didn't want to fool around with finding the right parts and assembling.

I just want to know why you don't have a vendor account. You are advertising selling something with the purpose of making a profit.

I just want to know why you don't have a vendor account. You are advertising selling something with the purpose of making a profit.

With that logic, everyone in the classifieds section would have to have a vendors account. If he starts making them and selling them and advertising on here then yes a Vendors Account should be purchased, but if it's a One Time Deal, that's what the classifieds section is for.

He should have mentioned that he was selling it instead of acting like he just found the link and posted it and waiting until we found out it was his ad. A little deceiving there. But hey, if he can get people to pay that much for them, more power to him. You gotta take advantage of the rich and/or lazy. He just won't find many of those here. We all know too well what it's actually worth.

I bought 2 for a soccer team, wow. Come and attack me for getting some of it back so I can buy a cornie someday. And I'm not a damn con artist either, if you don't want it simply don't bid on it. Just don't get mad because the price is going higher than you can afford or want to pay. Judging by your photos and your neighborhood, it seems like you got enough money, so maybe your just in this because that's the type of person you are. I'm not handing it to you for $40 bucks like your my brother. Also, who is to say what a profit margin is? Perhaps my sister in law got 3 of these at a silent auction at work in which she bid 10 on one and 5 on the other 2 just in case, and won all 3. Then I'm supposed to sell for $5 a piece? Give me a break buddy. These igloo's are clearly 69-99 on all websites and the parts are 24 at Lowe's so were looking at 93 bucks for THIS specific one at a minimum. YES you may find cheaper brands or coolers out there, then buy them. Some people want Caddys and others say that Kias can still get you from A to B.

I bought 2 for a soccer team, wow. Come and attack me for getting some of it back so I can buy a cornie someday. And I'm not a damn con artist either, if you don't want it simply don't bid on it. Just don't get mad because the price is going higher than you can afford or want to pay. I'm not handing it to you for $40 bucks like your my brother.

I have no problem with it if you just have one or two lying around that you want to get rid of. To me it just seemed like you were buying everything with the sole intention of selling it and making a profit.

Buying everything? Ive been laid off for 5 months and have applied to almost every company in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and Albany. I haven't heard anything back. I have a bachelors and masters degree. I am recently married. So before going to bag groceries or flip burgers I'm selling off something I currently own. Not going into business here. Not that you need to hear my whole sob story but if you need to know my intentions for selling a few pieces of my equipment that's why. No, I don't have a stockpile.

Lay off the attacking jees. He had 2 that be bought for a soccer team. Decided to turn them into something to sell. This is completely acceptable, at least IMO, for the classifieds. Even if he bought the coolers for this specific purpose I think it's fine. He's selling 2! Now yes, if he starts trying to turn out more on a regular basis I could see the need for a vendors account, but for now let it go.

I Agree if you can make it cheaper by all means go ahead.I now what it is like to be out of work and selling off some stuff if some one is willing to pay the price good for him.I seen other websites selling them for over a 100

**** even if he bought a thousand and sold them for that price there is nothing wrong with that. I think its great if you can get that price for them.

**** even if he bought a thousand and sold them for that price there is nothing wrong with that. I think its great if you can get that price for them.

a big deal that he's necessarily selling them for the price (although we all think it's a ridiculous price just because this is mostly a DIY type community, but if he can sell them more power to him IMO), it's that he's selling here without a vendors account. Which if he was trying to sell several of them here without, that WOULD be a problem and violation of Forum rules. But IMO, selling a couple is what the classifieds is for.

it went for 61 bucks + shipping... and I'm fine with that. I started it at $1 so I don't know what the whole deal was about selling for $130. That was a past sale. Congrats to the buyer and I'm happy you will be brewing AG and enjoying this hobby even more!

the yellow igloo coolers are the only ones that I know are rated for hot water, the others have a tendency to buckle under heat. The blue lowes, orange igloo and Home Depot are not.

Latest posts

Back