Never Ever Again__more Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold_Steel

Reaction score
No way @!@@ I order some parts for my huge brew for this weekend. when the package showed up this week. They werent there!!! So I called them. The guys name was Kyle. OH wait, first thing im east coast so I left a message at like 6 in morning west coast time. they never called me back. Then I called 3 times and waited over 30 mins on hold and no one ever picked up. Finally on my ride home i get a hold of Kyle. OH my man Kyle. Kyle let me know that he didnt think that was poor customer service. What ever I am so angry right now I am shaking.
They are too big and under staffed bottom line!!! I will never ever be treated like that again. EVER!!

I've never ordered from them, mainly because of poor selection. Thanks for sharing your experience. I've heard more bad than good about them so I doubt I'll ever order anything from them. There's plenty of good on-line suppliers out there anyway.

Were they actually delivered at your house? Who did they use? I would call them and ask about it.....UPS or FEDEX or whoever........

If you have a tracking # they should be able to tell what driver delivered the package......

That is my impression as well. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Dude that sucks. If you're East Coast and not in GA, order from Brewmaster's warehouse. You want good customer service? Ed will be there for you 110% of the time.

Two words for you:

Brewmaster's Warehouse.

End of discussion.

Ed defines customer service.

This should be a sub-forum topic in its on. Basically bad vendor experiences to make aware of bad vendors on ebay, brew sites, etc. Could help alot of people before they make mistakes. But also working in retail I know that bad customer service can not represent the entire company; but sometime just a single bad apple. Making the company aware of this individual or whoever made the mistake to make the OP originally suffer (perhaps the shipping department).

I'm glad I have a well stocked LHBS and have not had to deal with online sources yet.

Did you get the parts?

Still brewing this weekend?

Thats the worst part. They ran out of the parts and didnt let me know and sent the package without it. So I waited and now I dont have the parts.
I cant brew this weekend. I have 80 gallons with no way to put o2 into it.

Thats the worst part. They ran out of the parts and didnt let me know and sent the package without it. So I waited and now I dont have the parts.

You may just have to eat the extra cost and order what you need from somewhere else with express shipping. Tell Morebeer to cancel your backorder.

This isnt the first time... same thing happened to me. Except they didnt send ANY of the order and DID NOT contact me. They just kept silent and shipped nothing. So, I cancelled it and ordered from a more reputable seller.

The out of stock issue wont die with them... but someone will come in here and defend them and tell you that they have either fixed the problem, or they are getting better, but that has been going around for a couple years now.

This should be a sub-forum topic in its on. Basically bad vendor experiences to make aware of bad vendors on ebay, brew sites, etc. Could help alot of people before they make mistakes. But also working in retail I know that bad customer service can not represent the entire company; but sometime just a single bad apple. Making the company aware of this individual or whoever made the mistake to make the OP originally suffer (perhaps the shipping department).

I'm glad I have a well stocked LHBS and have not had to deal with online sources yet.

I never expect perfection out of a company. NEVER! If they make a mistake SO WHAT! It just gives them the chance to show what kind of a vendor they are and MORE BEER SHOWED WHO THEY ARE!!!
Kyle had the attutide take it or leave it. I have so much business I dont need yours. Its great recipe for a doomed business model. Because I am going to tell EVERYONE!!!! I hate feelling this way. We all know what it feels like to wait for your package. ITS TORTURE lol

This isnt the first time... same thing happened to me. Except they didnt send ANY of the order and DID NOT contact me. They just kept silent and shipped nothing. So, I cancelled it and ordered from a more reputable seller.

The out of stock issue wont die with them... but someone will come in here and defend them and tell you that they have either fixed the problem, or they are getting better, but that has been going around for a couple years now.

WHAT!!!! NOW THAT IS OUTRAGIOUS!!!

I never expect perfection out of a company. NEVER! If they make a mistake SO WHAT! It just gives them the chance to show what kind of a vendor they are and MORE BEER SHOWED WHO THEY ARE!!!
Kyle had the attutide take it or leave it. I have so much business I dont need yours. Its great recipe for a doomed business model. Because I am going to tell EVERYONE!!!! I hate feelling this way. We all know what it feels like to wait for your package. ITS TORTURE lol

Wonder if this is the dude I talked to. Ha ha... same thing. "well we can send your beer ingredients with no hops... or you can just wait" Well, that would have been nice to know a month ago when I ordered...

Never mind that they had the same hops I ordered, in leaf form, in stock...:confused:

I will let you kow when you can all tell me you told me so. So far so good with B3.
What would make you order from all the way across the country anyway?

My last 2 kits I have ordered were from there and I didn't have an issue... This thread did open my eyes though... I will probably move on to AHS due to selection anyway...It was hard to beat the free shipping.. 2 Extract kits for under 60 bucks DLVD...

I will let you kow when you can all tell me you told me so. So far so good with B3.
What would make you order from all the way across the country anyway?

+1 Three orders have been perfect. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead...

As for ordering from all the way across the country? Competitive prices, decent selection (contra what someone earlier said), and free shipping over 60 bucks. Usually takes me about 5 business days to receive.

Sounds like this Kyle fellow is not doing the company any favors!

+1 Three orders have been perfect. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead...

As for ordering from all the way across the country? Competitive prices, decent selection (contra what someone earlier said), and free shipping over 60 bucks. Usually takes me about 5 business days to receive.

Sounds like this Kyle fellow is not doing the company any favors!

+1 I have ordered from them 110 maybe 120 times. At least $6000 of money has gone to them over the past 5 years. Have never had a problem, never had an incomplete order, never gotten bad advice, never had an item automatically added to my order, and never paid shipping, flat rate or otherwise. I did have them run out of an item that I was planning to order once but I put a note in the order and they called me the next day to discuss my options.

My latest order to them went in on Tuesday night and I got shipping confirmation yesterday at 1:00. Now I am really worried about the order.

My orders from Ed at BMW end up costing more than I want them to.... but that is just because his prices are so damn good that I buy more than I originally intended!!!

I've placed three orders from there and I seemed to have drawn the line at $125 for each of them.... but he deserves all the excellent business he hopefully gets! Customer service gets 10 stars on a 5 star scale!

Plus he's always tossing deals at us in BYO and exclusive HBT deals. Go with Brewmaster's Warehouse, never look back.

i stoped ordering from morebeer awhile ago. i was a repeat customer, then had a bad experience and told them if they dont make it right ill never order from them again. they said sorry, but didnt do anything and didnt seem to care much about losing a customer. so i havent ordered since, but since then BMW started up and they have been great

I've never ordered from MoreBeer, but each time I've tried to compare prices between them and a couple other vendors, they're consistently out of at least 25% of what I want to order.

BMW and AHS have my business, permanently.

I've only ordered from them a couple times. One of those times they sent the wrong length of vinyl tube. When I called they sent me a new one of the right length and told me to keep the other.

That's not to say their processes dont' suck. If anything it indicates that they are inconsistent.

I've been in the back where they fill the orders milling my own grain....I'm not sure how many of there order fillers speak/read English. Truth. But they are great to me in person. Concord store.

With a proper order/pick/pack/ship system there is no reason at all to be able to read or speak any specific language to fill orders. The picker just needs to collect the correct number of the items that match the order number and pack them.

When I worked for a manufacturing outfit, most of the order pickers didn't speak a lick of english (I think they were mostly haitian) and the packers were largely hispanic. And we didn't fill retail orders, which means that when we screwed up a client order, it was tens of thousands of dollars lost (worse if it was big client order like WalMart or Target).

My story,

Three years ago I ordered a new 15 gal BK from them. I recieved a 10 gal pot with a dent in it I know didn't come from shipping. being pretty easy going, I let it ride. That's why AHBS gets all my business. I like HBWH, but they often don't have what I need.....

You do realize that the BBB is NOT a government agency and they have no real power? About 90% of their revenue is from the memberships they sell to companies to join their database and the only way to get an A rating in their system is to actually pay.

Read http://www.bbbroundup.com/ It's pretty interesting, like this fact. The BBB isn't even a member of the BBB. They aren't even in their own listing of "reputable" companies? How odd...

If you want satisfaction, go to the Federal Trade Commission: http://www.ftc.gov/

You do realize that the BBB is NOT a government agency and they have no real power? About 90% of their revenue is from the memberships they sell to companies to join their database and the only way to get an A rating in their system is to actually pay.

Read http://www.bbbroundup.com/ It's pretty interesting, like this fact. The BBB isn't even a member of the BBB. They aren't even in their own listing of "reputable" companies? How odd...

And Morebeer has zero unresolved complaints with them

If you want satisfaction, go to the Federal Trade Commission: http://www.ftc.gov/

This is all true except that neither is appropriate in the case of Morebeer. At all. They have dropped the ball on customer service a couple times. They have never ripped a customer off and never done anything illegal or even unethical. There is nothing illegal unethical or even unusual in backordering a portion of an order.

Just because someone wanted to brew this weekend and wants to throw a tantrum because they are backordered on a product he needs to do that brewing well then tough #$%%. Should of planned better.

This whole shark feeding frenzy that starts every single time someone whines about a bad turn they take at one of the many vendors out there is often silly. Except the threads on kegkits.com that guy does seem to ripping people off

I've seen them for AHS BMW Midwest, CHI, and plenty of others. AHS had just as many detractors on their recent trashing thread as morebeer has on this one. There was a recent one on kegconnection where they were a new kegger and they had a keg with a bad poppet and before it was over people were telling him to sue the ahole and get him put in jail. Meanwhile 99.999 of his customers at all other times are happy as heck. Yet that 0001 managed to find the thread and put their two cents in. Now there's one going for a stirplates company.

People just get schadenfreude when they hear that someone f'ed up and they know it wasn't them.

I really don't mind a gripe now and then about any company but really, keep it in perspective. Its just beer. Its just a hobby.

I don't order much from Morebeer . The last time was when they had the 3 gallon corny's for 50 $ I got four of them and some 5/16 beer lines. 20 minutes after the order I got an email that the beer line was on back order . I called don't remember who I spoke to. They gave me three options, 1 hold the order until the line came in, 2 ship the order minus the line and ship that when it came in, 3 delete the hose. I deleted the line but the customer service was very good in my case. Order went out the next day free shipping.

But like I said I rarely ever deal with them.

AHS had just as many detractors on their recent trashing thread as morebeer has on this one

One big difference that I have noticed.

Few will come on the thread to defend MoreBeer but a typical AHS bash will have more defenders than detractors by a large margin.

Hmmmmm.;)

My last 2 kits I have ordered were from there and I didn't have an issue... This thread did open my eyes though... I will probably move on to AHS due to selection anyway...It was hard to beat the free shipping.. 2 Extract kits for under 60 bucks DLVD...

Austin Homebrew has a membership which gets you free shipping and 3 free White Labs yeasts.

What good is free shipping when they treat you like SH** and are always out of things. Compare total delivered price not just "Free Shipping"

I had a customer that wanted me to give 10% off because another store does that for him. I said as long as I get to match thier price. They are on average 20% more expensive than me. The bag of grain he wanted was $20 more but he got a 10% discount.

Forrest

I'll admit, the OP does seem a bit upset about his missing items and provided little information on what the company was doing to resolve it. If he's expecting his items to show up in time to brew, he's SOL and hopefully can work around it.

Still it does seem like MoreBeer has some inconsistencies, and that they don't really care if they alienate a few people because their business is doing well. Honestly, they'll probably continue to do it as a few peeved customers aren't going to make an impact.

The reason that many of (even those who don't order from them) come to the defense of other companies here at HBT, is because in most cases the OP starts a thread about bad service, or a missing item and hasn't even contacted the company. When they do, they find out that pretty much always their issue is resolved ASAP.

The reason that many of (even those who don't order from them) come to the defense of other companies here at HBT, is because in most cases the OP starts a thread about bad service, or a missing item and hasn't even contacted the company. When they do, they find out that pretty much always their issue is resolved ASAP.

And sometimes they do it to vent and to see if others have experienced the same thing. As a homebrewer who does a lot of shopping online, vendor reviews are important to me as is there customer service. I dont find anything wrong with venting or posting your experience. If it was one sided, the vendor should be worried, but its not. HBT members are pretty good at posting positive experiences.

Latest posts

Back