Great place in NJ to get great beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erbium:YAG

Reaction score
I know we all dream of finding that local liqour store that stocks such a variety of beer, when we walk in, we know we are going to be there for at least half-an-hour (at least I was the first time I walked in). Well, for those of you who are lucky enough to live in the central New Jersey area, such a place exists. It's called Marketplace Liquors in East Brunswick. They're located right off of Arthur Street, off of Route 18 South, next to the A&P. They advertise they have more than 500 different beers. I'm not sure if it's quite that many, maybe a good 250 to 350; but still, how many stores give you that kind of selection? In Belgian beers alone, you will see beers that I guarantee will never be found in your local store. CAUTION! - the beer is not cheap! Expect to pay 3 dollars or more for a 33cl bottle; but if you just want to sample some different beers and get ideas for your next homebrewing adventure, they can't be beat. Included in this selection are alot of American micro brews and they ARE reasonably priced. See my post on Troegs Hop Back Amber Ale, which I picked up today.

It's a shame that I find that out now. I graduated from Rutgers not too long ago. I was right there!

I'm still only about 1/2 hour away though, I may have to check it out.

Awesome. I'm probably 10-15 minutes away. Looks like a trippy-trip is in order for me this weekend :)

Have you guys been to the Buy Rite on Oak Tree Road in Edison? That hands down is the best store that I've been to in NJ. They even have Ommegang's Cave Aged Ommegang and Hennepin. The owner even let us sample Utopias right in the store...

I have to check this Marketplace joint out. Thanks.

Back