Coffee Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msleeve_ak

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a good coffee porter/stout recipe? I am looking for an extract recipe for a sweet stout/porter, something that isn't too dry. Has anyone seen a recipe on the web or have one of their own they would like to share. I would appreciate any help.......thanks

Msleeve_ak:mug:

:mug:Try Bader Beer and Wine supply. They have a "Replicator" list of recipes that I have tried. The Irish Creme Stout was the first recipe that I did. Since then I did use their Hophead recipe also. I kind of switch between those 2, depending on if I'm in the mood for a malty brew or a hoppy brew. I add a 1/2 lb. of chocolate malt to the stout recipe. Good Luck!:mug:

I tried an espresso bock lager at a local brewery and it was excellent. I don't really have the means to do a lager......so ale it is. I'm not really looking for a kit, just a recipe ( I am going to the lhbs today).

thanks again

just take any run of the mill porter recipe and add 3-4 oz of coffee grounds into the boil, 15 min in.

i recently brewed a coffee-ish beer. irish stout recipe, 4 oz coffee, 2 big sticks of cinnamon...it was flavor-overload, but the coffee taste/zip definitely got in there. also, you might try tossing the coffee in the fermenter rather than the boil, might make the taste less strong. again, beware the flavor-overload...i wasnt expecting such a strong presence of flavor as the coffee actually gave.

Back