Spring Weekends!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janx

Reaction score
Oh man, it's like the 10th straight day of weather in the upper 70's here. There are daffodils in bloom everywhere, and we have the whole house opened up all day while we work. It's been nice and breezy and you can smell all the flowers. Hummingbirds are everywhere and the turkeys are mating. There hasn't been a cloud in the sky for over a week. The grass is green, bushes are flowering, the Redwoods and Doug Firs look lush and green and happy. And it's Friday!

It looks like another great weekend to brew! Last weekend, we brewed 2 batches on Saturday. Long day, but a great one to be outside for 10+ hours :D

And the swell is quieting down, so it looks like a brewing/diving weekend, which is the best kind of all!

I'm gonna cut out of work early to enjoy all this. It's easy to do that, since my boss lives 5 hours away ;) I'm gonna go rack the Best Bitter we made last weekend and get some kegs in the fridge for the weekend. Maybe grind some grain for tomorrow and try out my new mill. Probably keg a batch up, too.

Anyway, just wanted to give a big WOOHOO!! I hope Spring, the weekend, the weather and your brewing and other plans for the weekend have you in as great a mood as they do me. Cheers y'all! :D

Well yippee friggin' skippy for you! :D

Winter doesn't want to go away, here. It'll warm up into the 60's for a few days , then down we go back into the 40's or 30's during the day. Always windy, too.

I have to ride my bike 17 miles to work Friday morning, and it looks like temps are going to be in the mid 30's. I don't have the gear for that kind of B.S. I'm sick of this crap. I enjoy about the first two weeks of winter, then that's enough!

Sam75 said:
I have to ride my bike 17 miles to work Friday morning, and it looks like temps are going to be in the mid 30's. I don't have the gear for that kind of B.S. I'm sick of this crap. I enjoy about the first two weeks of winter, then that's enough!
Wha? Something wrong with the truck?
We gotta do that axle one of these days....its gonna blow up with no fluid! ;)

I agree, this has seemed like the longest winter.
January 7th I'm driving the Jeep with the top down. Last week I had the top down, and the next day we get an inch of snow. It was THUNDERSNOW so it was all good. :D But WTF? I'll bet the summer is gonna be a scorcher and we'll complain about that too. :rolleyes:

Back