My First Extract Done and In My Cup w/ Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge421

Reaction score
I literally just pulled this first cup from my keg. This is the first kit I have done it was a Dark Chery Stoudt. Thanks to all the advice I got from the boards it came out amazingly. Deep rich coffee notes with a hint of cherry. And somehow i managed to hit the carbonation level right on. Forced carbed with 30psi and 100 shakes then let it sit for an hour an put it on 6psi to give me a carb level of about 2.03 in the Sanyo. Final grave came out to 1.018 its about .02 off but ill get over it, it was my first brew after all. Next week I will be carbing a Raspberry wheat ale. Again thanks for all the help and check out my pics below. This is literally the first drink from the keg!!

UPDATE: HERE ARE THE PICS I PROMISED!! The first 1 is the Dark Cherry Stoudt and the last 3 are the Irish Red Raspberry Ale that is currently carbing in the keg. And if you guys want me to shoot your brews PM me and we can see what we can work out haha.

darkcherrystoudtgood.jpg

irishredraspberry3.jpg

irishredraspberry2.jpg

irishredraspberry1.jpg

Congrats on your first brew. Looks GREAT!

Does this mean I'm going to bumping in to you at Scotzin Bros. regularly? I've been there 3 times in a week and a half, myself!

That looks delicious. I love dark beers. Your pic makes me want to go pop one open right now! Congrats!

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! And I also forgot to mention that I crashed cooled it for 2 days based on EdWort's brewing techniques. So hats off to you EdWort!

Ill post some more pics tonight haha, maybe ill setup my light box and take some pro photos ..... let me see how I feel when I get home hahaha.

Im gonna put my lightbox together tonight and take some pro shots of it, might make a good background. Look for them around 2am EST or so.

Back