Unique Seattle Brews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne1

Reaction score
The wife is in Seattle for the weekend visiting our son.

She will be coming back with an empty suitcase with a 50 lb weight limit.

Please suggest some unique brews only available in Seattle that might be able to be transported back to Denver in a suitcase.

Bottles or cans only. I don't think growlers fly too well.

If I was in Seattle I would go to Trader Joe's on Capitol Hill and grab at least a sixer or bomber of every microbrew they carry! I did this last month and there was nary a bad one, even at $5.99 a six pack. They are not Seattle brews but a trip to Trader Joe's is an awesome experience all by itself.

Also on Capitol Hill is the Quality Food Center, which has a mind-blowing selection of microbrews and specialty brews. Not only-in-Seattle, but Seattle brews themselves are rarely only-in-Seattle. You could tell her to concentrate on looking for brands that are brewed in Washington.

Pike brewing..... definitely pike' s Tripel it's called monk's uncle or their kilt lifter Scotch ale

Growlers fly ok, especially the 1qt ones. Tape the lid with electrical tape and bag it in a gallon ziplock-you shouldn't even lose much carb. Elysian has some great beers that are draft only.

Back