Visiting Milwaukee, recommendation needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hausofstrauss

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be in Milwaukee at the end of this week on business. I'll get in late on Wednesday, but Thursday evening, I'd like to stop by a local brewery or two. I'm not talking Miller or Pabst, but someone small. Leaving Friday. I'm staying downtown. Maybe fill up a growler or two to take home.

Any recommendations?

I love authentic German food, so I plan to stop by the Old Beer Hall for dinner. Good choice?? If any place has Schweinshaxen, I'd go there.

Hey thanks for the suggestion!

Off topic here, but does anyone know if any of the commercial breweries in the Milwaukee area sell their old kegs? I'd just be looking at future upgrades for brew days.

If your looking for an entertaining brewery tour, check out Lakefront Brewery. We went a while back before catching a Brewer game, and I have to say it was my favorite one of all the tours I've been on. Our tour guide as hilarious and made it a really fun even with a group of over 35 people.
Otherwise there's Milwaukee Brewing company, Sprechers, Milwaukee Ale House, Horny Goat, Water Street, Rock Bottom, Stonefly. I haven't gotten to many of these yet because we live about 2 hours north, but they're all on my list to check out. One of these days I'll get to Stonefly to finally try that mustache ride pale ale!

Edit: Never mind, Just noticed today is, in fact, Thursday. Hope you stumbled upon a good spot! Let us know if anything was can't miss

Whe you come back we have some awesome craft beer bars in the Bay View neighborhood just south of downtown in addition to the great places mentioned above. Cheers!

Back