Plumbing Propane - Commercial Option

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeebas

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there that makes propane plumbing for systems? Commercially? Something like the gas plumbing in this post - https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/help-propane-plumbing-311205/#post3871677

I know it would likely have to be a custom job, but I just don't wanna messing round with gas plumbing and possible mistakes from doing it myself.

I've searched the forums for propane plumbing and read how easy it can be I just don't trust myself to not make a mistake.

If you go to HD or Lowes with all of your measurements finalized the guy in the gas and plumbing isles will usually build it for you and hand you a tub of sealer for when you do it for real. The help in these two stores realize the danger to non pipe fitters and act pretty responsibly to insure the rig they help you build is safe and will work properly. Once you get it home make sure you get a goof coat of thread sealer on each joint and tighten securely. Allow it to dry a bit and wipe the excess off of each joint and install the fittings and regulators using the same dope and clean approach. Apply compresed ait to your system and test with soapy water in a spray bottle and if you have a leak the soap will find it's exact location. Do not attempt to run gas till you have done the compressed air test and fixed any leak you find. If you applied enough sealant and tighten the pipes securely you should have zero leaks to begin with. Once that's all done fire it up and take more pics.
Bob

Call your local propane distributor and ask them for a quote. You will most likely find out the cost of installation isn't as much as you would think. It will ease your mind that the installation is done correctly. Some of the guys who work on that stuff get excited to see a custom job like what you are wanting. You may even be able to negotiate a few cases of beer for the labor portion of the build.

Is there anyone out there that makes propane plumbing for systems? Commercially? Something like the gas plumbing in this post - https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/help-propane-plumbing-311205/#post3871677

I know it would likely have to be a custom job, but I just don't wanna messing round with gas plumbing and possible mistakes from doing it myself.

I've searched the forums for propane plumbing and read how easy it can be I just don't trust myself to not make a mistake.

We build and sell manifolds... like the one on that awesome incredible totally cool stand... (as a matter of fact I am very proud of my humility)

check out our Facebook page to see other designs

I suggested onehoppyguy on your other thread. I still think you should buy from him :mug: easily the best option if your not building one yourself

I had Kurt (OneHoppyGuy) build the manifold for my system and would HIGHLY recommend him!!

Brewery 055.jpg

Yeah Get a "professional" ! I hired an AC company to move a propane line in my attic and I found the guy somehow locked himself into the secure section of his van. He had been there an hour. Come to find out he had removed a fitting and the whole time he was locked in the van, propane was pouring into my attic (where I have a gas pilot light for my hot water heater). Oddly enough, there was a shuttoff valve about six inches from the fitting that was removed. Luckly, I was not on the evening news. You can do a better job yourself. Just make sure you check for leaks and use the pipe dope. It is not rocket science.

Yeah Get a "professional" ! I hired an AC company to move a propane line in my attic and I found the guy somehow locked himself into the secure section of his van. He had been there an hour. Come to find out he had removed a fitting and the whole time he was locked in the van, propane was pouring into my attic (where I have a gas pilot light for my hot water heater). Oddly enough, there was a shuttoff valve about six inches from the fitting that was removed. Luckly, I was not on the evening news. You can do a better job yourself. Just make sure you check for leaks and use the pipe dope. It is not rocket science.

lmfao. wow, what an idiot! that has to be one of the best stories i have ever heard. Glad nothing bad happened

It really is not very hard to build a manifold and getting it to seal is not difficult either. Either HD or Lowes will custom cut and thread lengths for you then some tape + pipe dope or just pipe dope will seal it up. One thing I'll caution you about in your measuring is accounting for thread loss if you need to hit particular spots with some level of accuracy. For example you need 24 inches in between two outlets - but you lose 1/2" on each side when you thread it into some fitting so it needs to be 25".

Back