Pittsburgh/Western PA Group Buy - Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive probably used about 50 of the 250 lbs I got, I estimate I will be good until some time this fall. But if you get enough interest I could probably have my arm twisted for a couple splits lol.

Im good for a few more batches. How did the trub-zilla lager come out? On my first all gain batch i had about four bottles with 2 inches trub in them because i wanted to get every drop of beer possible

dale,
i am interested i've got about half of my grains left but will need more for fall brewing.
thanks again for all you've done. we still have to get together for a brew/sample day!!

I'm all set on the grains too.. have some batches planned for the next few weeks, but haven't done too much. Maybe beginning of the fall or so would make more sense?

..and I'd be up for a tasting / trading or brew day sometime anywhere near Pittsburgh (I'm in Swissvale).

With a 1+ year old in the house, time is limited, but I can always make time for beer!

There seems to be a couple people interested and I know there were a couple people that missed the first buy.

What I'll do is start another sheet this weekend. It will be the same sheet unless I run into problems that way those who have participated before will have access. New buyers will have to give me the required info to get access. Well shut it down at one pallet.

If I'm not able to get it going this weekend I'll let you all know. Well either way I'll keep you posted.

might need some more wheat and maybe even a bag of rye. still good on barley as i didn't end up making the bunch of high grav beers i had originally planned during the last group buy.

scurry64 said:
I may be interested in participating. Are the links and the info in the OP still accurate?

I'll start a new thread but The links should be the same. The pricing from country malt should be close but as with the last buy prices changed a little. Some less some more.

I got into a sheet, using the old link, labeled 'Round 3' but there are no names and it won't let me enter one. I'm hoping to pick up some splits on this round, could use some crystal malts but don't think I can use 55lbs.

butcher boy, i can use some splits also so let me know what your interested in.

Looking over my brew log and trying to make near range brew plans, I will probably be looking for some L10 and Vienna, other small splits will be considered. But I'm thinking that it would be good to stock various grains, whenever I go the the LHBS and pay 1.80 to 2.00 per pound I can't help thinking how much I can save by these bulk buys.

I may also pick up another sack of 2Row, can see the bottom of the first of 2 buckets of that and would hate to run out. Just got the pasta roller mill tweaked out and working, I'd hate to run out of grain to run through it.

I've been making Bee Cave Haus PA and Brown Ale, really like the Brown... and the PA isn't bad either.

Latest posts

Back