Hop Slam!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never had that before... If you mail me a 6-pack, I could try to help you come up with a recipe! :)

Well, go overload on bittering hops (take a standard IPA and go bonanza with it) and make a malt liquor. hah :drunk:

This beer is 10%ABV, malty, and in your face hoppybitter.

I didn't get a whole lot of nose to the hops, alot of alcohol and some malt.

Flavor was somewhat malty, very warm on the tongue.

Overall this was a nice beer but I think i would like it better with a little less alcohol. I felt it took away from the hop flavor profile, and the alcohol didn't meld with the flavors as much as I would expect. Then again this probably wasn't meant to be much of a session :) Man those hops were still good though. Makes me want to pour one right now and pop a fresh hop cone or two into it. That would be NICE!

bobbyc said:
I've never had that before... If you mail me a 6-pack, I could try to help you come up with a recipe! :)

Yeah, me too!!!

I haven't had it but just hearing the name Hop Slam is making my pants tighter...down there. :rockin:

Dude said:
Yeah, me too!!!

I haven't had it but just hearing the name Hop Slam is making my pants tighter...down there. :rockin:

This beer is great, I can't say I picked up on alcohol all that much. To me it is just two hearted taked a step further. Very, very good.

I was just curious what it would take in the way of grains. I came up with about 17 to 18lbs. I thought this was a really well balanced beer considering.

Latest posts

Back