Something to DIY into a grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah! I saw those the other day when I went to go pick up a metric tap kit and saw those and thought the same damn thing!

Well, it's a DIY project for sure and not a ready made mill. You'd have to redrill to move an axle closer and the bigger problem is getting a drive axle to stick out.

Drill the end out for a deep counter bore with a threaded long axle replacement or bore out and press fit in a longer axle.
Making an adjustable gap frame will add to your time and labor plus
your dealing with aluminum rollers, wear factor or life span of them I
would have to question this on those rollers.

I posted a thread about this a couple months back...it sunk like a lead balloon...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/an...-mill-option-123797/?highlight=harbor+freight

Glad to see someone else saw the potential in it...:mug:

It won't take too much to come up with a way to mod it into a crusher...

You could use those as rollers in this design Build Your Own Grain Mill

Or this design Gav's Roller Mill

Keep me posted!!!!!

Too bad Fred with his Monster Mills did not add sealed ball bearing like this mill posting instead of bushings to his mills then they would be a super high quality mill without wearing bushings and those small 3/8" spindles to wear down over the years. Just replace a sealed ball bearing should one fail which I would believe would never happen plus holding a solid set gap clearance over many years of hard use.

Back